Tactical blurring

(Richard Morris) #1

I just wanted to mention that I am grateful that people here for the most part are very good at blurring out comments about food here in this group. That gives people struggling with their fasts a place where they can avoid triggers.

Having said that, I realize there have been a few posts lately that incidentally mentioned specific foods while talking about coping strategies or about re-feeding plans … I’m not going to edit people’s posts to blur things because that would be rude not to mention a lot of work.

(karen) #2

I understand what you’re saying, but part of getting through a fast is having a strategy and discussing what’s working, during and after. Is there a place we can discuss this that doesn’t break the rules? Or are you just suggesting a more judicious use of the blurring tool?

Huh! This whole time I’ve thought the blurring tool was for curse words only. Learned something new!

Are you referring to post titles specifically and comments in non-fasting threads?

And, thank you Richard for everything you do!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Thank you, Richard, indeed! :rofl:

(Edith) #5

Okay, I’m going to be completely clueless here and ask what you are talking about: blurring out bad language? What is the something else that needs to be blurred out so I don’t accidentally use whatever it is?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

Richard’s just saying to be careful when talking about food on a fasting thread, so as not to make people hungry(ier), or ravenouser, or whatever. :grin:

(Todd Allen) #7

The blurring tool is for four letter words and food is a four letter word.

(Edith) #8

Ahhhhh, that makes total sense not to talk about This text will be blurred on a fasting thread. Go figure! :speak_no_evil:

(Carpe salata!) #9

Thanks for the lead-in @VirginiaEdie … I am way more clueless.

Using an iPad and can’t find the blur tool. I read that it’s just in the gear icon. OK I can’t find the gear icon.

Thanks guys :blush:

(Chris) #10

@Peter

See screenshot, top right of the edit field on the bottom. If still missing, try switching to Chrome from Safari, perhaps.

(Carpe salata!) #11

Oh yeah. There it is. Thank you very much Chris!

:clap:

(Chris) #12

You’re welcome, my friend.

Ha!

I just realized that every time I unblur something in someone else’s post I’m always very careful click back on it to blur it again.
(Duh… ).

(Carpe salata!) #14

Funny. :laughing:

I always used white-out just in case :wink:

OK, now you’re just showing off.

(Polly) #16

Just want to experiment with the blurring tool. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

(Polly) #17

Ooh. How exciting to discover new skills - it worked!

('Jackie P') #18

Food`

`

('Jackie P') #19

Tut I’m sorry I cant make head nor tail of this blurring business, or the highlighting people’s names, or block quoting text! Im just a ruddy technophobe!
I thought the blurring was swearing at first! Thought it was automatic. But when i said shit once it came out !:roll_eyes: