T2 Medications Mounjaro

(Tammy Cross) #1

Looking for some details on the science behind this medication- Mounjaro, particularly potential impacts for longer term. Realize it’s new, but looking for some input

(Rebecca ) #2

Welcome to the Forum. I’m sorry I can’t offer anything on the medication in question. Hopefully someone else can!

I’ll welcome you by absolute default mate!

You need to provide us with more info tbh.

People won’t take you seriously otherwise.You do the work, and you will get considered opinions.

Hope to hear from you soon, right now I have no idea what you are requesting. :slightly_frowning_face:

(Bill) #4

I presume you are talking about this…

Like all medications it will have side effects … better to change what you eat to avoid medication completely if at all possible (plus there are zero side effects to eating real food).

(Michael) #5

This drug lowers A1C by increasing insulin production. This is a very bad idea for any diabetic to raise insulin. Hard pass to everyone, no one should ever take this drug. It is not safe long term.

(Allie) #6

**Tell your healthcare provider if you get a lump or swelling in your neck, hoarseness, trouble swallowing, or shortness of breath. These may be symptoms of thyroid cancer. In studies with rats, Mounjaro and medicines that work like Mounjaro caused thyroid tumors, including thyroid cancer. It is not known if Mounjaro will cause thyroid tumors, or a type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) in people. **

:eyes:

Just the info on their website screams no…

(Tammy Cross) #8

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. Trying to understand the mechanism behind this medication. Much appreciated!