Switching from Intermittent diet to Keto! In Need of help from keto Experts

health

(Lawrence Mercado) #1

Dear guys,

Good day!

I’m Anton,30 years old, from manila. it was about 5 years ago when i started to gain weight after changing my routine from being active into sitting on the computer working. then i knew i had to do something to manage my weight and confidence. after a while I’ve been browsing the internet, and then is saw this intermittent diet method, for some certain period of time it did me well, and then things change few months back i started having digestion problems at first it thought it was only acids and then things changed after i saw blood on my stool, knew i had to see a doctor. later that week i was diagnosed with chronic ulcer, due to eating heavy right away after fasting. as advised my doctor said that i had to look for a new diet plan. until is saw Ketogenic method. So i hope this will work for me!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

Welcome, I think keto is easy and delicious, and it fixes lots of health issues.

Give this a read for a quick start, best luck to you. Try to think of KETO as a new way of eating, not a weight loss diet for lasting results and improved health.

I would lay off fasting for two months and eat well, don’t worry about weight, this isn’t a calorie restriction diet. The weight will come down if you stick with it.

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Lawrence Mercado) #3

Thank you david! do you have any suggestions on where to begin and how to start this life style?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

I guess you need the basics, cut out all grains…wheat, rice, millet, barley, corn bread cakes noodles…

Cut out legumes…beans, pulses, lentils, peanuts, tofu (I eat tofu and peanuts occasionally, but only a few times this last year)

No sugar :warning::warning::warning: Cut out fruits except for avocados and tomatoes, and don’t have too much in a day. Berries in small amounts like a handful are okay.

Cut out milk, you can have full high fat dairy like cream, butter, aged cheeses, sour cream, full fat Greek yoghurt

Base your food around meats and healthy fats like lard, coconut oil, olive oil, any kind of animal fat and butter.

No potatoes, yams, sago, tapioca or carrots. Here’s a good start on what vegetables are good with low carb. The general rule is that root vegetables other than radishes aren’t good. So above ground vegetables, leafy greens like bok choy, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and many other Asian vegetables are good and may not be on this list. I am assuming you are in the Philippines, is that right?

I don’t know what you like to eat but you’re going to have to work it out with the foods you have available. Use a digital kitchen scale and try Cronometer to track your food and know how many carbohydrates are in them. Keep it under 20g. of carbohydrates per day. Good luck.

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Carl Keller) #5

Keto, in the most simplified terms, is avoiding sugar and starch. Focus on meat, fish, eggs and small amounts of low carb vegetables (if you like them) and don’t worry about counting calories. Count your carbs and keep them under 20 for best results.

This way of eating is very easy to sustain if you surround yourself with real food and get the processed stuff out of your life. Best wishes on your journey.

(Lisa Nelson) #6

Thanks David! This is helpful. I dabbled around with Keto during the early part of 2019. Traveled for a graduation and never got back to it. I’m starting back Sunday and your message was so helpful.

Thanks again.