Sweeteners - your experience?

(Jason) #21

Swerve does weird things to me. I have really enjoyed Pyure - it is a stevia/erythritol blend that is affordable and easy to find. (walmart)

(Justin Blow) #22

I use Swerve and Xylitol atm depending on the application. Xylitol doesnā€™t seem to disolve well, but it has slightly less chemical taste to me personally.

Im not sure which is which but the monkey fruit was okay at best. The yellow, blue and pink single packets are all 100% chemical in taste to me and unbearable.

(Justin Blow) #23

Iā€™m buying that on my next trip to give it a try thanks!

(Anna Hermsdorfer) #24

Iā€™ve used stevia, erythritol, saccharin, sucralose, and diet sodas with aspartame without any major issues (all pure; I avoid the sweeteners with dextrose and/or maltodextrin, because those cause cravings). Malitol gives me stomach problems.

However, Iā€™m starting to suspect that even those that I thought were benign are now causing cravings. Today is actually day 1 of me avoiding everything (with the exception of a teeny bit of sucralose in my coffee first thing in the morning), and so far Iā€™ve had zero cravings, and reduced hunger. Weā€™ll see.

(Lorena Kay Grimm) #25

Always Stevia, never Splenda (some disturbing info on this stuff).

(Bobbie Jo Stinger) #26

Almost all artifical sweeteners I have tried give me headaches. The only thing that doesnā€™t is Splenda. I tend to save it for very occasional treats.

(Cathie Condon) #27

Erythritol, Xylitol and I just received some Monk fruit that taste just like sugar - uh oh, but no negative reactions or cravings

(Doug Stone) #28

If youā€™re concerned about gut health as I am Splenda/sucrolose kills 50% of good gut bacteria. So it majorly interferes with any probiotics you may be taking. I use liquid stevia.

(criticalcarecat) #29

I use swerve

(Tracy Mason) #30

Swerve

(jac060) #31

I normally just use Stevia and I donā€™t seem to have any inflammatory problems, but this past week have been having xylitol and I am in so much pain can hardly walk.
Back to basicsā€¦

Xylitol and inflammation?
(Connor L) #32

I will eat liquid Stevia and Splenda/Sucralose. No Powder unless Iā€™m out and Iā€™m just craving iced tea.

I eat xylitol gum!

(Amanda Jones) #33

I feel your pain. Iā€™m currently dealing with an erythritol induced migraine. :persevere:

(Rebecca) #34

I donā€™t use sweeteners much. I have tried Swerve and have just started to use an Erythritol/Monk Fruit blend which I quiet like.

(Lauren ) #35

I have monkfruit sugar which never affected me. For the holidays I tried erithritol and Lilyā€™s chocolate and gained 4.5 pounds of inflammation. I donā€™t know which one did it but Iā€™d like to find out. Any ideas how? Or any suggestions?

Stevia/Erythritol blend

(Mark) #37

I use sweet leaf stevia very rarely, never had big sweet tooth before just lots of bread tortillas potato lots of carbage this is my first post and just want to thank Richard and Carl and all the admins for setting up this awesome forum love the show it has been a great resource in restoring my health ,keto on dudes

(Lauren) #38

Hmmm so my hot chocolate drink is erythritol/stevia blend & it hasnā€™t given me a headacheā€¦ must be the Swerveā€¦

(bambiying2) #39

I use erythritol, stevia and monk fruit. I really need a glucose monitor to test, but just by going how I feel and weight loss the next day, I swear that the erythritol messes with me. I know all research says that it shouldnā€™tā€¦but it seems to make me stall and possibly cause cravings. I made some chocolate chip cookies with Sugar Free Hershey chips with malitol, and whoa, they were fart central. No more malitol for us here!

(Griffin Mekelburg) #40

Erythritol always for me!