Survived company Christmas party

(Jill F.) #1

My hubby’s company always has their Christmas party in January after chaos of holidays are over. We went last night and watched everyone stuff themselves with sugary drinks, bread, dessert, potatoes, etc. They didnt look at us as strange as last year when we first started keto, everyone knew this year so didnt ask a million questions as to why we were only eating meat and veggies, lol.

They were impressed as to how much weight I had lost (40 pounds since last years party, they see hubby alall the time so they were used to him looking thinner.)
Interesting how they say and talked about how unhealthy they heard keto is long term as they stuff their faces full of sugar laden foods and all needed to lose at least 50 pounds each. I heard a lot of “I could never do that diet” or “Isnt it hard”? But oh you look so good! Baffles me!
#truth

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

“I could never pack 50 pounds all day every day. Isn’t it hard?”

('Jackie P') #3

You look incredible! :blush:

(Susan) #4

You and your hubby both look awesome, rocking the Keto lifestyle, Jill. I am glad that you enjoyed yourselves =).

(Jill F.) #5

Sooooo true! To me carrying around my 40 extra pounds was way worse than altering my diet! Well at first it was hard but now it is just how I eat.

(Marianne) #6

It is confounding, but I guess people need to reach their own bottom. There is always hope that the seed has been planted, without having to explain anything. If people want it badly enough, they will look into it.

You and your husband look great!