Surprising non-scale victory :)

Back before January, my resting heart rate averaged 78 bpm. I just averaged the last two months and it’s fallen to 57 bpm. This is after increasing my cheese intake by 200% and starting to eat meat after 23 years of vegetarianism. I work out about 3 times a month, but I do have a mostly standing up job that is more active than average. I don’t know how much weight I’m losing because I refuse to buy a scale battery. I just know if I have a working scale, I’ll obsess over every weigh in and probably weigh myself 10 times a day. I have lost quite a few inches, and my body shape is returning to hourglass after a few years of stress belly. I figure eventually I’ll go for a Dr checkup and find out how much I’ve lost.
I’m just pretty happy about the heart rate change, being up near 80 worried me.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #2

Great NSF! I was vegetarian before keto too. But not for 23 years! Are you feeling better in general?

Last year I had an an accident that caused post-trauma arthritis in my knee. I was getting leg swelling on that side daily and it would hurt so bad, I’d wake up at night from it. Now it’s significantly less painful, I’m imagining from the weight-loss.
I really like not feeling like I’m hungry all the time or craving food constantly like before. I ate about 250 carbs a day before this and now I’m down to 15-20. It’s worth it just for feeling normal about food after a lifetime of wanting constant feeding.

(Jane) #4

Lots of folks here have reported reduced joint pain from keto, unrelated to weight loss. Seed oils and processed carbs are inflammatory.

(Marianne) #5

I have noticed since losing all/most of my excess water and inflammation that I can once again cross my legs comfortably. It feels so good and natural, no strain at all. What a blessing. Although I have lost less than 20 lbs with 60 to go, I still can’t get over the differences in my body. It is unbelievable. So many other things.

(Justin ) #6

Same here, my resting BPM was 72 in February and I checked it yesterday and was 64! Also, I fit into shorts I bought in Hawaii 16months ago.

I don’t weigh myself because I think scales are evil, but I measure myself every couple of weeks and I’m super happy today because I am down from 38 to 34 inches in the waist and from 48 to to 44 inches in the hips since mid January. I figure 1 inch a month is pretty good! Kind of embarrassed to put the numbers out there, but I guess honesty is accountability. The smallest I’ve ever been is a 28 inch waist and 38 inch hip, so I’m almost halfway there!
I was worried because I made a batch of keto cookies that I ate a little too freely last week, but I still saw progress after all!