Sunflower oil in Tuna can

(Keto Koala 🐨) #41

Lol, she is SO not interested. She is supportive of me but she said that she herself could never give up sugar. Lol. Like your Hubby, she is a carboholic. She dosent eat much but when she does it’s all carbs and sugar. Lol

(Susan) #42

Aww okay --well my hubby eats a lot, of anything he can find…

Given that you already have it I’d just eat it, but the stuff in Olive Oil is much better both for you and tasting!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #44

I hear ya on the ice cream though. Once when I was 25, I went through a shocking three month phase of eating nothing but a whole freaking tub of cookies and cream ice cream a night. It was shocking. I was addicted. But then I caught a terrible cold and never wanted it again.:blush:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #45

Bless him :blush::joy:. Oh by the way Susan, I hope your feeling a bit better today. Sending you healing love :heart::heart::heart:

(Susan) #46

Thank you very much, Aimee =). I appreciate that, I am not feeling any better (actually worse) but I am using my puffers a lot and if it hasn’t improved by Saturday, I will be going to the walk-in clinic then.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #47

Awwwww poor thing :pensive:. Makes me sad. Will include you in my morning blessing today ok. I always do a blessing to my angels and the universe and will add you and ask them to help you to feel better :heart::heart::heart:

(Susan) #48

Awesome, thank you Aimee =)).

(Keto Koala 🐨) #49

My pleasure babe, you just rest up. Xx :blush::heart:

(Susan) #50

I do try, Aimee, but my darling, busy 3 year old grand daughter makes that a bit difficult at times, hahaha. I do try to sleep when she does though =).

(Keto Koala 🐨) #51

I know the feeling. Not a mother or grandmother myself. But used to be a full Time live in nanny when I was 19. Had to look after a 9 year old boy, he was like a little adult so no problem there, a 5 year old girl, again not too much trouble, a 3 year old boy (Dennis the menace) and a 2 year old girl. Yup my hands were full. It got a bit chaotic that’s for sure. Had to share a bed with the 5 year old and many times she would pee the bed :flushed:. Lol xx

(Susan) #52

Oh wow, not pleasant at all. That is a lot for a 19 year old to take on, but then again, I am sure you had a lot of energy too. I have less vim and vinegar in me now then I did 20+ years ago when my own kids were little. I have her mom and aunts around to do the running around stuff with her though, and my son comes over on the weekends. She has a nice swing set with a slide and a trampoline in the backyard -but not using it now in the winter.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #53

Actually I was exhausted :joy:. I have been anemic most of my life so I really was always tired. The 3 year old boy kept saying he was gonna marry me :joy::joy::joy:

(Susan) #54

Awww, that is pretty cute. My daughter Lisa is 21 and is in college for a Child and Youth Development worker and was doing a placement in the schools for the first term of school, and she loved all the kids in the classes, and they all loved her too, but she was certainly exhausted at the end of the days, but loved it too. She is classes again at the College for this term =).

(Keto Koala 🐨) #55

My Mum worked at the kindergarten when we were kids. Looking after the disabled kids. She was very tired though, cos as well as doing that, she had about 20 racehorses to look after and train. All work and no play makes Bec a dull girl :joy:. She had to stop the kindergarten and just concentrate on the horses.xx

Keto is my cheapest diet ever but if I do it “well” (budget wise), carnivore is even cheaper. Of course, I must seriously limit meat (except some cheaper stuff, thankfully they exist) as I only eat meat from farms I trust ( I have the same attitude regarding eggs) and I must do the same with cheese as those are expensive. Eggs, therefore my ice cream is cheap (even though the good ones are a bit more expensive. They are worth it).
I am quite lucky I couldn’t eat much meat yet anyway and I use cheese as flavoring for my eggs. And that I normally love eggs. I can’t even look at them now, I overdid them a bit, sometimes my plans get awry and my fridge is lacking but I learn from this and will avoid it in the future.

I like to track money and even though I stopped eating cheap carbs when I went low-carb and used way more expensive oil and sweetener, my grocery bill stayed about the same. It seems it’s not the price of flour and oil and sweetener that is significant :slight_smile: And I kept my cheap vegetables, ate way less…

Lately I realized eating plants is a very bad idea for me financially. At least the ones with more carbs
than fat or protein. They merely make me hungrier. If I just don’t eat them, it’s already better and I can cut out some other, not cheap food at that point as well, like my desserts. And I even lose fat (and if I stay this not muscular and not active, I will need less energy. I hope it won’t happen).
At least it’s the theory and it seems to work this far.

Cheap ice-cream is horrible. Once I ate some. I never got carb poisoning or something similar that quickly in my life. Why must I try everything? I usually do that with very tempting chocolate and homemade stuff.
I couldn’t do that. I would probably physically suffer seeing my SO eating sugar and snacks from the shop at this point… We eat homemade treats and no sugar, thankfully. And he is even healthier than me and I think I am pretty healthy. Except a few tiny problems (and my eyes and teeth, oh my SO has the same with eyes, we wear glasses, it’s not so bad) but it’s healthy for me. I don’t go to doctors except dentists and eye doctors for new glasses. I don’t even get cold more than once in 15 years. So we are almost as fine as we should as still young ones (we are 40 and 43).

His Mom’s case is sad but I can’t do much about that. Very obese, health problems, diabetes since a few years… She very rarely eats sugar and her bread isn’t completely white but it’s not so much and her weight stayed about the same, it’s hard for me to tell. I never was nearly as fat, I am healthy and I drastically changed my diet “just” for health (it’s even more important than enjoying things and it’s a huge thing for a hedonist like me) and being slim one day (and for fun as well). She’s smoking too. Seriously, paying for harming ourselves, people are so stupid… And she’s nice and great and the only kind of Mom I have and I so want her to live a long, healthy life but she won’t :cry: I hope she lives long and won’t get worse, he’s not in horrible state but she is very far from healthy and does little to change it…
I just bring some nice sweets for her sometimes. Homemade marzipan, for example but she liked my keto cake too. She just won’t bake without sugar and the paleo chocolates she gets as a gift from someone are very, very awful. I don’t know how a chocolate can be this bad but “talented” ones managed to do that. If we just mix coconut oil with any sugar alcohol and good cocoa powder, we already get something way better… Oh right, they use cheap, bad cocoa in their expensive chocolate. Nevermind. My own almost-chocolate has other ingredients too and it’s nice.

I hope you and Aimee doesn’t mind all this offtopic too much… I tend to get carried away… :disappointed:

Oh yes, I actually had this thought before regarding some items my SO eats.
I am different as I wrote but he needs different amounts of certain things and wouldn’t eat less if he ate less carbs as everything satiates him about the same (he noticed some tiny differences sometimes but it’s insignificant and can’t balance out the price of cheap carbs).
Fat isn’t expensive for its calorie content but he can’t eat very much fat and little carbs either. I don’t worry about nutrition as he eats much and good stuff too, it’s just hard to get all those calories without cooking multiple times a day or something. We already do that with simple dishes.

There are some cheaper keto stuff though. And a bit pricier ingredient matters little in the big picture sometimes. I put oily seeds to the bread now, my SO actually wants them there. In my books, everything that makes a super carby stuff less carbier, is good - fine, it’s not always the case, I am actually aware but still, I have this instinct.
I wonder if those are one reason his bread is so extremely super dense. He still don’t want my keto bread (more expensive, of course but not horribly so… it’s gluten and flax and some fiber, not almond flour… but alas, the amounts) though he considers it edible.
Okay I won’t write everything I bake for him. Though the sesame muffins are keto and good, sometimes I bake that instead of bread. I should calculate the price, I did that many times years ago, it was interesting. If it was some small so overpriced stuff in the shop, I often could do it cheaper and low-carb.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #58

Dont mind at all :grin:. Loved reading your post. One post was about weight loss or something and I turned it into a topic about horses :joy::joy::joy:. I love eggs too and use cheese for flavoring. I also found that veggies made my grocery bill skyrocket. I just buy cheap iceburg lettuce now but I’m not that into it. I mainly eat meat and animal products. I track my day first thing in the morning on the carb counter, because I was going mad doing it before every meal. It says today my fibre intake is 1 gram. I have trouble getting all the fat in though. I try really hard but always end up getting more protein :flushed:. I don’t eat much though. I have about three eggs for lunch and a normal serving of meat for dinner. I’ve lost 2 kgs, which is 4 pounds in a week and three days. And it’s day 17. I don’t know what I lost in the first week as I didn’t weigh myself. I drink 3 litres of water a day. Could my water weight be gone? Oh well, I guess 2kg in a week and a bit is pretty good. Must not compare to three years ago when i lost 2 pounds a day or at least one. See, I just got carried away :joy::joy::joy:

I don’t know what is it about but I really hope you get better!

(Susan) #60

I really love Keto and I will be Keto forever, regardless of what my family are eating. I would love it if one day my hubby and some of the kids (or all) would love to do Keto as well, but I am just focusing on my sticking on track and losing all my weight, and being a healthy me, you know?

I cannot control everything they eat. I just lead by example, and hopefully as I become a healthy, fit and trim Keto lady they will all be impressed and maybe over time, it will have some positive impact on the rest of them =).