Sugar vs. Fat doc on Netflix (Bad "science"!)

(Carola Fuertes) #1

Hi everyone! This is Carola from Chile, I just joined the forums even though I’ve been binge consuming the podcast and LUUUURRRVE it!

I did a quick search and couldn’t find this discussed so I created a post just to ask if anyone watched this documentary? I haven’t even finished and I’m afraid I’ve lost my ability to even… aaargh… I’m so angy, because it’s so misleading and it can throw people off and honestly, it’s spreading so much BS!

I can’t believe there are doctors involved! For those who haven’t seen it, it’s about two identidad twin drs that one goes on a high carb diet and the other one on a high fat. This whole experimental is so poorly designed and shows a lack of knowledge that’s honestly embarrassing. For instance after 2 weeks on this protocol they do a (i’m guessing) 2 hour glucose test, so this guy has been eating mostly fat and 0 carbs for 2 weeks, and then they give him the glucose drink (which is 75grs or lugar?). They don’t say the numbers, but the doctor gives him the news that his body has lost the ability to control insulin and the he is almost prediabetic… what? And the brother on the high carb diet was informed his body was now “better” at producing insulin… what does that mean?

Anyway, I’d love to hear your reactions…

(Anderson Herzogenrath Da Costa) #2

This documentary is not available on the Canadian Netflix.
I found this review interesting: