SUGAR SHOCKERS list — foods high in “ surprisingly “sugar

food
sugar

(Troy) #1

Halloween time

Since related to sugar
Came across this gem of a resource

This list does resemble many of my previous and fully stocked pantry items :rofl:

SUGAR SHOCKERS

(Running from stupidity) #2

Can’t say I was terribly shocked by any of those inclusions, WebMD!

(Troy) #3

Yup. So true!

Every single grocery cart that goes through the check out…we all know that the majority include the above

There should be a grocery $ total AND a sugar in grams or tbsp total on the receipt :smile:
In RED ink
Wishful thinking :thinking:

Or I can just stand as a grocery bagger, volunteer
And tally out the sugar. Then hand the shopper there sugar total on a flash card

(Karen) #4

Ditto Mic. There’s very few things that have sugar that I don’t already know about. I also catch most of the things that have hidden carbs not just sugar carbs. Other one that caught me the other day was a vitamin. B 12 melts. 1 g of sugar

(Brian) #5

For the average reader, there was probably a little new info. But we’re not the average reader. This is a pretty sharp group when it comes to finding carbs and sugars.

Ahhh Snapple peach tea…50g of sugar :astonished: and I would drink a few of those a day.

(Brian) #7

Yeah, I saw those in the store a couple of days ago. I used to LOVE Snapple peach tea. I mean, it was just about as close to heaven in a bottle as I had ever known.

I’ve wished numerous times that there was a keto friendly version of it. I have no idea how you’d get that smooth richness of the tea and the intense fuzzy peach flavor without an awful lot of sugar.

(Dan Dan) #8

Have you tried this :grinning:

If you miss apple juice try this :heart_eyes:

Both their liquid and dry drink mix are very good :star_struck:

(Brian) #9

Dan_Dan, I think I did try the peach back nearer the beginning of my keto journey. Wasn’t really a fan of the flavors. They tasted kinda “sharp” to me if I remember, sort of a chemical aftertaste that didn’t have me wanting to go back for more. It wasn’t awful, just wasn’t that smooth fuzzy peach like Snapple did so well. But to be fair, even the genuine Snapple diet peach tea didn’t do well for my taster either.

Probably all for the best as I don’t have a lot of craving in that direction anymore. I’ll do a Zevia drink once in a while but even then, I often think, “this would be better if I mixed it half and half with just plain sparkling water.”

(Dan Dan) #10

I drank diet Coke for most of my life so I think I became immune to aftertaste. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Keto Victory) #11

After having purged all food containing sugar, dextrose, maltodextrin, cane juice, etc., it would not surprise me to find sugar in a bag of cement!