Sugar + antibiotics = Bad gut biome outcomes


(Joey) #1

Interesting study cited here…


(Jane) #2

I can’t remember the last time I took antibiotics, but was never told to avoid sugar because I guess they didn’t know… Maybe they should caution folks about this and is up to them to take the advice or not.

Wouldn’t be a problem with us keto folks!


(Jane) #3

From the study…

Maresso said. “Makes me wonder about whether we should change the diet of hospitals.”

YA THINK???


(Joey) #4

The only thing more dangerous than hospital food is hospital billing.


(Bob M) #5

Unfortunately, some people need to be on antibiotics for a while. My daughter has been on these well over a year. She’s trying to get rid of lyme and bartonella, and it takes a while.

Don’t know what will happen when she’s finally off the antibiotics.

Yeah, hospital food is terrible. Not enough meat and eggs. And dairy, if you can handle that.


(Jane) #6

I had my gallbladder out a couple of years ago and was in the hospital for 2 days until they could get my electrolytes balanced to do surgery. Don’t remember which one was out of whack, but they were concerned about it.

I had nothing to eat or drink for those 2 days - just an IV and I was ok since I fast. I never ate any of their hospital food once I was out of surgery. I think my husband brought me some keto snacks, then I waited until I got home to actually eat.

Hospital food is poison.