Stuuuuck!

(Robert) #1

Ok , I know , I know. “ Keep calm and Keto on! “

I’ve been doing scorched earth Keto since Jan 1. 4lbs. The scale hasn’t moved in a week. But pants fit a little better.

Excercising 5 days a week. One day a week wirh a coach.
Maybe I’m ready to turn the corner on this and start dropping some weight?

There’s tons of better advice on these forums. However, cut back to two meals a day, lessen or temporarily cut out dairy and nuts. See how it goes.

Above all, give it time – two pounds per week projects out to 8 per month and 96 per year. Not shabby.

And keep reading this forum.

(Diane) #3

The best advice I’ve heard is that one week does not a stall make. If your weight doesn’t budge for 6 to 8 weeks, you might want to look at “tweaking” your diet to see what might help get things moving again.

Also, that first weight loss often occurs because you’ve depleted your glycogen stores (that water weight people often refer to). Fat loss takes longer and may not happen until any necessary metabolic healing takes place. Your body takes the steps it thinks necessary for your health, and it does not always prioritize fat loss over balancing your hormones, building bone, etc.

Hang in there!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

I may be reading your post wrong but have you just started January 1? You need to give it some time. Keto is not a magical way of eating that causes pounds to be lost daily. As @GentleBen said that equals 8 lbs a month and you really don’t want to loose weight faster than that. I think you’re fine.

As @DiMo said “one week does not a stall make”… A stall is like 5-6 weeks without change.

These people both gave excellent takes on your situation.

And my personal advice is that you need to think of this as a lifestyle change, not a quick loss diet. Lifestyle changes are sustainable, dieting and going back to the foods that made you overweight in the first place is a roller coaster that will deteriorate your metabolism and health.

There’s a ton of stuff going on now in your body other than shedding some weight. Your metabolism is changing and body repairs are underway. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Robert) #5

Thank you , patience is the key .

I’ve been doing Keto for over a year then had a major de rail.

Jan 1 is my restart to a better life style.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6

Then you know from how it was before that you’ll be better off. You have my best wishes for your success. It’s great that you’re able to chalk this up as an experience that you learned from.

(Amanda) #7

What is this? I am unfamiliar with this version…

You have been doing Keto your know that changes are not immediate, you need to give it some time. It is hard to be patient sometimes, but it is vital.

+1