Stuffing Using Slimthin Bread?

thanksgiving
recipe

(Justin Link) #1

Has anyone attempted to make stuffing using slim thin bread?
I was thinking of cutting the honey loaf into cubes and toasting them in the oven and then proceeding as normal with a stuffing recipe?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

I’m surprised that there’s been no response to this question. And it’s your first post, too, sorry!

I don’t know if slim thin bread would work or not. I’m afraid you’ll probably have to do the experiment in order to find out. Just be careful, because even low-carb products can cause us to exceed our carb limit if we eat too much of them! On the other hand, many people consider it worth it to indulge on a holiday such as Thanksgiving or Christmas.

But there are many delicious keto holiday recipes, so the day doesn’t have to be a complete disaster, nutritionally speaking. My sister makes a sugar-free pumpkin pie with an almond-flour crust that is quite tasty, and cauliflower mash is a pretty decent substitute for mashed potatoes. I don’t worry about the small amount of flour or cornstarch in gravy; I tried xanthan gum as a thickener a few times, and the results were unpleasant. If I use heavy cream instead of milk in the gravy, it comes out delightfully rich. I also find that if I load up on the meat, then I can quite easily limit the quantity I eat of stuff that’s not so good for me.