Studies using ketone salts and esters

exogenous
isomer

(Bunny) #21

Some fun facts:

”…Fermentative production of 2,3-butanediol from carbohydrates involves a network of biochemical reactions that can be manipulated* to maximize production. [8] …” …More

*Resistant Starch? (e.g. HAM:RS2?)

”…During World War II research was done towards producing 2,3-butanediol by fermentation in order to produce 1,3-butadiene, the monomer of the polybutadiene used in a leading type of synthetic rubber.[6] It can be derived from the fermentation of sugarcane molasses.[7] …” …More

”…Applications include precursors to various plastics and pesticides. …” …More

Eeek! Exogenous ketones anyone?

Biology:

[1] Metabolic engineering of Saccharomyces cerevisiae for 2,3-butanediol production

[2] A shortened, two-enzyme pathway for 2,3-butanediol production in Escherichia coli

That would explain why they taste so great.

The ketone esters are, hands-down, the worst tasting compounds I have ever put in my body. The world’s worst scotch tastes like spring water compared to these things. … It tasted as I imagine jet fuel would taste. I thought I was going to go blind. I didn’t stop gagging for 10 minutes. (I did this before an early morning bike ride, and I was gagging so loudly in the kitchen that I woke up my wife, who was still sleeping in our bedroom.) https://peterattiamd.com/experience-exogenous-ketones-2/