StrongLifts 5x5

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #61

I don’t know the length of the course he attended, but mine did too. Apparently the big finale was one of the instructors doing perfect Turkish Get Ups all while maintaining perfect extension with some ridiculous weight I can’t remember… I think I managed one with a 10lb when I was in better shape.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #62

LOL. We’re probably not exemplars of that lifestyle. We are still using a sofa and loveseat we bought before our first child was born. He’s 13 now. Our other loveseat is older than our marriage. Probably at least 20 years.

But you are correct that spending priorities can sometimes be rather bizarre. I blanch at how much we spend on grass-fed HWC, but given the cost of other things, it’s small in context.

From what I’ve read so far, the bar and rack seem to be places to be sure to go with quality. I still have more research to do, but I think this is the year I start barbell training.

(joievawter) #63

Yeah, a lady at my gym was getting fancy adding lots of momentum and ended throwing the kettle bell because she lost her grip. I was so not pleased because I was near her. I ended up moving & she went back to doing that same exercise. (Doh!)

(joievawter) #64

Lol, I just died @Rosemarie!! :joy:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #65

Yikes! Don’t they have anyone supervising at that gym? I’d think at a minimum they’d want to avoid the liability of having one patron injure another through negligence.

(joievawter) #66

Nice set-up!

(joievawter) #67

I have been doing 5x5 since 11/7 and I already see my body changing. I am in awe!

(joievawter) #68

Love the set-up!

(Matthew Standridge DDS FAGD) #69

Thank you. It’s taken time over the years, but so worth it.

(Rick) #70

Thanks! Been saving some serious coin on the grocery bill since i discovered intermittent fasting and keto. Its made for some signifigant weight room acquisitions! :laughing:

(Rick) #71

We have three Rogue bars (matt chan, c70 and bella bar) that are that cat’s meow, but were pretty expensive. Conversely, I picked up a Vulcan bar along the way from vulcan strength systems (.com i think) that is every bit as nice (USA made too) for a much more reasonable price. I believe they offer half racks too.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #72

So, for something like this:

would it be possible to buy the spotter arms separately? Want to be sure I have everything in place for safety, since I won’t have a spotter if I’m working out at home.

(Rick) #73

Not sure for that rack, but I’m pretty sure that 2"x 3" uprights is a standard size so you’d just have to be sure the arms are compatible. I used these for a time with my former rack too: https://images.bonanzastatic.com/afu/images/3862/7158/84/s-l1600.jpg

(dawn.hakala) #74

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VKGLWUU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This what I bought for my back room… works really well IMHO

(joievawter) #75

Yeah, fasting is an all around game changer for the better. I love fasting.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #76

That looks promising. Great price!

How long have you been using it? Holding up well?

(joievawter) #77

You would think. If I see her again I will bringing her to the attention of the manager. And I will be staying far away.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #78

She’s probably one of those who lofts at the bowling alley, too.

(joievawter) #79

Lol, most likely. I just might bring my hard hat to the gym for in case she is around. :flushed:

(dawn.hakala) #80

I think it’s great… Pull ups, get an incline/decline bench for chest & shoulders… I’m impressed with it…I even wrap a band around the posts and do some ab work… Going to get arm straps for the upper bar to do hanging ab stuff too :wink: