😔 stressing out ... can I overdose on potassium G

Keto flu is seriously kicking my ass… I just took more potassium gluc. Thinking more is better for a total of 3 … but I also had some lite salt earlier :see_no_evil:Read an article saying you can OD in it … Now I’m all anxiety riddled thinking I’m gonna have a heart attack… Fml… really just want some damn peanut butter…

(Guardian of the bacon) #2

So eat some all natural unsweetened PB. Not the whole jar. A spoon full.

Yeah, this is exactly why I’m not a fan of pills, powders, etc. I try to balance stuff with food nutrition, not Pharma.

If you are craving nut butter, have some, just like what jfricke said. Some nuts are super high on electrolytes, like magnesium. It’s possible that your body is craving nut butter because it recognizes that’s where the nutrients you need are.

Perhaps in the future, for additional electrolytes, use soup cubes instead. Drink mineral water. Make bone broth.

(Guardian of the bacon) #4

When shopping for nut butters or peanut butters, labeling is important. You want the ingredients to only be the particular nut suggested on the label and possibly salt. NO sweeteners, NO oils, NO stabilizers etc…

Yes just go steady with supplements. Some, like magnesium, just flush out allbeit in a somewhat uncomfortable manner but others can be nasty.

Peanut butter - NOT KETO! Kidding. Some people diss is but I love it. Weirdly, I never liked it that much before and only used it in cooking really but now I dive into the jar. Fortunately, I don’t go mad on the stuff and am happy with a spoonful every now and then. They only reason I think to be cautious is if you go a bit nuts with it (pun intended!) otherwise, dive in. I agree with the others - just check the label and try and find the ones that are 100% peanuts and nothing else.

Hehe I ended up having two tablespoons :see_no_evil:… but I feel great this morning thank goodness!

(Michelle) #7

They do say not to take potassium supplements unless you are being monitored by a doctor. It’s not fun to play with. Avocados have more potassium than bananas, so you can always have some guac or avocado if you think you are low in potassium. I wouldn’t touch those supplements.

Yeah :confused: I’m not taking them anymore … do you think if I had OD I would know lol? I’m hoping no harm done … yikes!

(Michelle) #9

Yes, you would know it. I don’t think you have caused yourself any harm. keep calm and keto on!! good luck.

(Toni Peter) #10

What type of supplements are you taking? I can only find 50mg pills and an adult woman should have 4700mg a day. The highest I’ve found is a protein drink with 1000 mg…