Stress eating... French Fries.. surprise

(Lori Calhoun) #1

First, I have only been on Keto for 5 mo. I have a bucket load of stress lately, and my weight loss has stalled. but that is not the Victory!.. As some background, before being keto, if I was stressed I would polish off a family size bag of Ruffles. If I was really stressed I could eat a box of HoHo’s or a dozen old fashions and a quart of milk. Well, today was one of THOSE days. I will not go into why, but I really wanted a beer add a bag of chips. Instead, I went to Burger King, got a cheese and bacon whopper, a bacon king and a med fries. (Thought I could get away with a bing on carbs for the day. ) Well, got to work took the buns off the burgers, put them in a bowl and covered them with blue cheese dressing. Thought I was going to scarf down on the fries… to my surprise, I only ate 6-8 fries and gave the rest to the birds. I couldn’t believe it, I thought I would blow through the fries and want more. It is so cool to be able to just not want them.

(Mike Glasbrener) #2

NSV if I ever heard of one! Congrats!

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

That is an awesome NSV. I have tried a few things since going LCHF that I used to love and were even comfort foods when I was stressed out, and I really don’t like the taste/texture of a lot of them now. It is a great thing when that happens.

i have a hard time keeping my eating in check. I try drinking a lot of water which helps a little.