Still not losing weight after 3 years on keto

(Edith) #21

What is Magsoothe? If it is some kind of magnesium supplement, it could be that causing your diarrhea. Too much magnesium causes the runs.

(Feeling better ty) #22

And the biggest reason that I want to lose weight is to lower blood pressure And just keep doing the diet hoping that sooner or later my weight comes down I think itā€™s come down some a little bit my wife says itā€™s smaller and my parents think so, they say my legs and neck is skinnier and I donā€™t snore anymore but I am still sad a lot when I see ppl losing weight like crazy but not me :disappointed:

(Feeling better ty) #23

No magsoothe is not it, I been taking that before bed for years, I sleep awesome on it, I pretty much know what I need to feel good, the shits is from changing my eating from 2 meals a day to one and breaking a fast, I ran out of jigsaw health MagSRT the best magnesium ever, itā€™s sustain release, good for leg cramps and muscle tension, for when I go for a bike ride, I ride a tadpole Recumbent trike And itā€™s a real workout on my legs, and I have spray on magnesium for now till I get more magSRT

and thank you to everyone for help getting my Cronometer set up, I didnā€™t think I was losing weight but my wife said I am, others seem to notice just a slow process, itā€™s hard to get to sleep before midnight because I worked 2nd shift driving forklift so long, now I am a night owl trying to get to sleep earlier

(Feeling better ty) #24

(Feeling better ty) #25

Well everyone says I donā€™t need fiber or vegetables but I know I cannot get enough nutrients out of meats alone or everyone in the world would be eating meat only, when there are many healing nutrients in vegetables, all vegetables is not healthy nor is all meat, itā€™s about moderation and eating what works, I know when I was on the stupid American diet I was not getting enough of the right kinds of fiber, then I found whole psyllium husk, and that healed my intestines and then I went keto was feeling good with psyllium husk 30 minutes before a meal and pooped perfect floaters and then did zero carb and complete destroyed what i just got done healing up. So back to keto, and I just saw a video of the that dr that you ppl talk about as the guy that started this woe and he says that vegetables are very important I will look for the video

(Feeling better ty) #26

This video https://youtu.be/RYXYfxmQV2A

(Feeling better ty) #27

And I developed an infection while on carnivore and because of eating so much protein I wasnā€™t in ketosis because protein is anti-ketogenic, he even says in the video that carnivore has not been tested and that you canā€™t get enough potassium out of meat alone and that you need vegetables thatā€™s why I try to get a lot of mushrooms cauliflower and spinach and still stay under 20 net grams and one avocado every day

(maciek) #28

i keep reading that keto is not a weight loss diet.
what makes you shed pounds is the intermittent fasting.
if youā€™ve been doing this for 3 years then you should be very fat adapted now.
have you tried 36h+ fasts?
iā€™ve been doing 60h fasts since the beginning of june.
if you havenā€™t done fasts before, try shorter durations and see how you feel.

(Feeling better ty) #29

I just started intermittent fasting, I used to just eat 3 meals a day because you all say itā€™s easier to fast when fat adapted and I never thought I was yet because of stress and staying up late and I was not real concerned about losing weight until I realized wow Iā€™ve been doing this for over three years and I havenā€™t lost as much weight as everybody else has, so I never fasted, and read how ppl get the shits from trying to fast or coming out of it I guess so I figured Iā€™m not going there because I am trying heal my intestines again after getting a fissure from no fiber but like 8 to 10 grams of sodium to just poop decent, so now Iā€™m doing 2 meals a day to stay, eating noon and 6 pm no snacking, I used to eat some cheese on carnivore when I was so hungry and didnā€™t see anything in a gas station in the middle of nowhere so not many choices, for me itā€™s just trial and error see what works, but it sucks when I run out of money and need food to eat and will not cheat because that sets me back as long as a week of more to get sugar stores out and keto flu comes back, in the beginning I had keto flu for almost 8 weeks was insane and most my friends on the diet were like wow I never got any keto flu or I only had it for a couple days :man_shrugging:t2:

(Feeling better ty) #30

Ok going for a bike ride, and ty everyone, I like reading your posts, not everything I agree with but most I do, I just try some things other ppl have tried like a good Example is coconut oil I tried 2 tablespoons at first got the shits and everybody else said oh you got to start smaller, so I went to a teaspoon still got the shits went to a half teaspoon still got the craps no matter what I did it just didnā€™t work I just figured that coconut Oil was just not for me my gut just canā€™t take it, but because the fact that butter and cheese causes plus if you look it up online I donā€™t eat a whole lot of cheese if any at all and I use butter but only that stuff called ghee itā€™s called when I can afford it, and bacon for my fat and eggs, and on carnivore I couldnā€™t eat eggs but I can eat eggs on keto itā€™s very strange but thatā€™s me I guess I donā€™t know

(Bunny) #31

Was looking at the video you posted (a lecture by Dr. Phinney) and underneath that was a lecture by Dr. Jeffery Gerber which is really interesting and has to do with your issue.

Dr. Jeffry Gerber - 'When Weight Loss Stallsā€™

If I could not lose body fat around the torso, I would be lifting weights twice a week because it would mimic fasting so that body fat will go to your arms and spare protein or another way to explain it; body fat spares muscle when fasting but your just speeding up the process by placing resistance against the muscle tissue. I know some people cannot lift weights for whatever reason but if you could, it would certainly help.

When I lift weights I donā€™t sit their and constantly pump a weight, the weights I lift weigh more than I do, Iā€™m trying to tear muscles and thatā€™s all Iā€™m trying to do; ten reps for each quarter of body mass, some squats and Iā€™m done, of course it looks nice if you want to look like your doing something and just pumping away with little tiny weights ā€¦lol

Hurts like hell for weeks but then you get hysterically happy when you start seeing your belly melt away.

Hence the term ā€œGetting Rippedā€ and they are not talking about the ripples on your six pack!

If that were true youā€™d be dead right now. You either ate enough carbs to power your body for over a yearā€¦OR you were in ketosis. Our bodies canā€™t run on nothing.

(Feeling better ty) #34

Yes I want to lift weights but I canā€™t afford to buy them and the ymca and other places like that are closed because of the stupid virus, and I had to stop consuming soup with MSG because itā€™s a neurotoxin very bad will not consume that again, but ty I will lift if I can find a way, I ride recumbent trike instead it really works my leg muscles which are the biggest muscles in your body

(Feeling better ty) #35

Well I had diarrhea damn near every day it was literally hell the most crappist diet or way of eating ever I would never go back to it again itā€™s literally the stupidest thing Iā€™ve ever heard of nothing against other people that actually like it but it ainā€™t for me, because I really need those extra vegetables to get the potassium and other nutrients that you canā€™t get from meat alone or vegetables wouldnā€™t even exist as far as Iā€™m concerned

Meat can provide everything but carnivore isnā€™t for everyone as keto isnā€™t either, itā€™s fine. (And eggs are totally carnivore, by the way. Meat is unavoidable but not the only item.)
A lot of species exist that is not good for humans, not everything is for us. Actually, nothing is for the humans only. So I donā€™t consider it a big reason to eat vegetables but I donā€™t care anyway: I eat whatever I like, sounds right and feels good. If a woe doesnā€™t work, tweak it, donā€™t wait for yearsā€¦
Our nutrient needs are different too. Cronometer tells many people that they have huge deficits while the people are fine and their results show that too. we change our diet and our needs change and so onā€¦ So I donā€™t care so much about the numbers but if I feel bad, I listen to that and change things. Sadly, itā€™s tricky. No one can tell you what is the ideal woe for youā€¦

I lift weights. I was super poor when I bought my weight, fortunately they were cheap (and I am weak). I couldnā€™t afford going to a gym. Not ideal but will do for now. But one can train without weights too, using their own bodyweight. Itā€™s surely way better than nothing. I want to train my muscles, not bragging about big weights anyway (not like I have much chance for that with my not young and lazy female body but itā€™s not the point)ā€¦ But I like my weights so itā€™s good I have them :slight_smile:

(Edith) #37

There is a book called ā€œYou are Your Own Gymā€ which does strength training through body weight exercises and items you can use from around your house. It is a pretty effective workout and you can do it in your own home.

Iā€™ll agree on that all day long, gave carnivore a couple weeks and it was too restrictive for me. I started craving salad, like CRAVING it, and I donā€™t eat a lot of them. But you were definitely in ketosis. The disaster pants is actually pretty common. Just gotta find what works for you man.

(Feeling better ty) #39

And my blood pressure was so high on carnivore I could not get it to come down no matter what but as soon as I went back to Keto it dropped, so I will stay on keto forever and trial and error and doing what works for me still researching, I think I was drinking so much coffee with Too much cream I figured That I gave up so many things I thought well Iā€™m going to drink my coffee and lots of cheese, now I hardly eat cheese, I just canā€™t digest it, but I am exercising more now that my crapping has slowed down from changing my meal times around and breaking a short fast that my body hasnā€™t done before

(Feeling better ty) #40

I think I was over 20 net gram carbs and higher but never higher than 35, and I ate too much meat even though it was fatty

(Feeling better ty) #41

Done eating and this is where I am and feel great