Still not losing weight after 3 years on keto

(Feeling better ty) #1

I been tweaking things all them years and still struggling to lose weight, this is my new plan using Cronometer, lowered protein and fat, I tried carnivore for 13 months and it was pure hell, I will never do it again, I couldn’t lose weight maybe because I couldn’t quit putting cream in my coffee and I had diarrhea all the time and ended up with a fissure that lead to an infection from lack of fiber, I went to the doctor because I thought I pulled a muscle but it was a mass bigger than a golf ball down near my perineal muscle, doctors didn’t know what it was or what to do about it so I got silver water salve and put it on 3 times a day for 4 months now it’s gone. now I’m about ready to straight up stop eating for 3 days to force myself to lose weight even if it sucks, only weight I lost was the water weight at the beginning, now just a long Plateau till I die I guess, I have been reading everything on this site before I joined for the whole 3 years, I cannot leave the house to exercise because I can’t stay off the toilet long enough, my allergies are pretty much gone and feel ok, my body seems to heal fast after an injury and if I stop keto my blood pressure skyrockets and I turn into the Goodyear blimp, and getting back to keto means keto withdraws all over again so I just keep going hoping my weight comes down some day

Why would you lower protein? Your proteins macro should primarily be based on your lean body mass. It’s not an arbitrary amount you can just pluck out of the air. Try this calculator:

I see keto as simply “Minimal carbs. Adequate proteins. Fats as needed (for satiety).” That is, the proteins macro is a lower limit, while the fats and carbs macros are upper limits.

So, two priorities:

• You need to keep carbs low to stay in ketosis.
  • You need to make sure you get enough proteins. Your body needs them. Being significantly low on them over an extended period can cause the body to get them elsewhere. That may mean break-down of muscle tissue. Not good.

After that, ideally, it should be hunger that determines how many fats (and thus calories) that you need to be eating, if only because leaving yourself hungry all the time means keto won’t be sustainable. You don’t need to eat all of the fats macro if you’re not hungry, because the body can make up the difference with stored body fat.

But hunger is eating for fuel. It’s not habitual eating. It’s not emotional eating. It’s not mindless eating. It’s purposeful eating.

As a lifelong compulsive eater and binge-eater, I’m still working on that last concept. :frowning:

(Feeling better ty) #3

I had it set at like 189 now it’s at 100 because I am not losing weight with that high of protein, I believe too high protein just turns to sugar and yes I know everyone says it’s demand driven, but I have to try n tweak something because I’m not losing weight the way things were set, and. Lowered fat because I believe if I just eat so much fat then my body will just use my dietary fat instead of burning the fat already on my body :man_shrugging:t2: I have read just about every keto calculator and that just doesn’t help either, so I just keep watching YouTube videos until I figure it out, because I don’t have anyone to sit down next to me n help me figure it out or have a wife willing to do The date with me, my wife and son live in the same house and they eat carbs like crazy so just imagine how hard this diet is to do with all that carb garbage in the house that I have to try not to eat

(Feeling better ty) #4

Well too much protein is not good because you can’t lose weight with too much protein and not enough protein you lose your hair or some crap I know it’s bad but I need that happy medium and I haven’t found it yet, and I don’t believe eating fat till your satiated is the answer because it hasn’t worked for three years

(Feeling better ty) #5

And this in this picture makes makes no sense to me, more like something a doctor or something would understand I have the slightest idea

(Feeling better ty) #6

That’s the whole problem with this diet is everything is so darn confusing and I got nobody to really help me out because everybody has got something different to say about it or one person says one thing and one person says something else I don’t know who to believe, I just want to set up my Cronometer app to where is should be so I can track what I ea so I know I’m doing everything right, like to take the guesswork out

(Nicolas) #7

To what I understand, this is more an hormonal diet rather than caloric restriction diet, Is not good to lower your caloric intake too much. Unless you cheat or dont do exercise, there is no way of no losing weight. Unless this is your genetic limit, which it could be, how much do you think you need to lose?, why are you so adamant to lose weight? less than 25%, 20%, 15%, 13% Body Fat? you want your abs to show up? not all people can be that lean.

(Feeling better ty) #8

Well I have a beer gut that I can’t get rid of no matter what I do, I just want to get under 200 pounds with no gut, that’s why I might just fast and just starve myself for like 2 or 3 days till my gut is gone, and it’s hard to get exercise if I have to constantly crap like a fire hose out my butt lol

(Feeling better ty) #9

And this is not a temporary diet for me I have to do this diet for the rest of my life because if I go back to the sad diet I feel like dog shit you know what I mean so this is not a temporary thing this is something that I have to learn to live with even though I get the shits whether I do carnivore shits fasting shifts you name it it’s just like it gets frustrating after three years of this and i look at all these people that have lost weight in six months to a year and I am still trying to lose weight :disappointed:

You should really have your RMR checked, your metabolism might just be trashed, but aside from that I wouldn’t recommend going real low on protein. The scale going down because you’re loosing muscle isn’t a step in the right direction. How’s your physical activity? I’ve been on a multi year metabolism rebuild and it’s not fun but you gotta get your numbers in order if you’re ever going to fix it. One thing you can’t do is keep trying the same crap.

This calc was the closest thing to accurate for me when all the others were way off thanks to my RMR being terrible. You gotta take a bunch of measurements but it’s actually pretty good (was for me at least).

(Feeling better ty) #11

RMR? Huh?

I don’t know what the 2591 kcal does there as the plan is around 1300…

How much did you eat until now? What are your stats? Keto doesn’t guarantee fat loss, I never lost anything myself but I ate as much as before so it wasn’t surprising to me and searched for a more satiating method and it seems I finally found it.
But it’s individual what works. That’s why you find conflicting advice, we are different, other things work for us.

Even if you fast, you shouldn’t starve or feel bad, actually. But not eating for 3 days hardly will do a noticeable change, it’s too short for that.

One can exercise at home but yeah, don’t do it while sick. You should focus on healing first.

If you are above 200 pounds, definitely don’t try to eat 1300 kcal a day… That’s super low, you probably slow down your metabolism with it, lose muscle and feel awful.

Sadly, some people need extreme efforts to lose fat very slowly on keto… But forcing yourself into starving and feeling bad and harming your health, don’t do that.

Eat adequate protein if you fear from high, it’s high, adequate is good too… Figure out/decide how much you need to be safe and eat only that. 100g isn’t that low but probably not enough for everyone… Too low protein is worse than a bit unnecessarily high unless one has some condition and needs to keep it low.

(Feeling better ty) #13

I will not go to the doctor because them bastards just wanna put me on bp pills, and I refuse to take them because they do more harm than good, I avoid the doctors office at all costs I only go if it’s an emergency otherwise I stay away far away

(Feeling better ty) #14

Well I tried carnivore for 13 months and I was never in ketosis ever the whole 13 months I thought zero carb would be more ketosis then then keto in the low carbs but I was wrong, I believe during carnivore the reason I didn’t lose any weight or get in the ketosis is because I ate too much protein and I couldn’t keep nothing down because I just get the shits like all the time it was totally most insane most miserable thing I’ve ever done in my life and the only reason I went 13 months was because I was too scared to go back to Keto, fear that I wouldn’t be able to digest the carbs after being off them so long, I usually eat a lot only the last week or so I decided to try n tweak this because what I have been doing hasn’t been working

(Feeling better ty) #15

I’m trying to figure out what to set my kcal fat at on this chart

I believe people gain weight because they sit all day and block blood flow to their mid section which slows metabolism. :upside_down_face:

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #17

This was certainly true for me when I had a sedentary job…

Resting metabolic rate. It’s what gets trashed from years (sometimes less in my case) of bad / improper dieting. If it’s way down even a normal amount of food won’t allow you to loose.

Most BP meds unless you’re REALLY high are just diuretics, BP isn’t something to play with. Out of all the things doc’s can give bad advise and prescribe meds for, BP typically isn’t one of them. There’s other ways to drop it, and it’s always preferable to do it without meds but if you’re not pulling that off you need to fix it any way possible. Claiming cholesterol over 200 is a scare tactic, but constant high BP will put your ass in a box!

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #19

If you were not in ketosis for 13 months on zero carbs, you are not human.

You may not find much help here, because all of the things you say are not working, are the foundation of what works for everyone here who is successful with keto.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #20

Sorry this has been so frustrating for you! Have your measurements other than weight improved at all? Clothes fitting looser? Sometimes body recomposition happens without weight loss.

It’s true you have to have been in ketosis on carnivore, but just not wasting a lot of ketones, and it is the extra unused ketones that are measured. How are you measuring ketones?

Hang on to those non-scale victories! Improving your health along side people eating carbs is a challenge. Hopefully one day they will join you.