Staying mentally strong when crap hits the fan

(April Harkness) #1

Doing intermittent fasting has really helped me get through tough situations. I can wait. I have patience. I have grit. Being keto carnivore has taught me I don’t need to search for substances to help me…for me that was carbs. I didn’t get a dozen donuts or a tub of frosting. I can reach within myself. And today. Today I had to reach within myself. I calmed myself down. I will carry on.

(Susan) #2

Oh wow, April =(((. I am so so so sorry. You deserve way better than him ---- you are a very awesome, strong (in several ways, physically, mentally, emotionally), sweet, compassionate, beautiful (inside and out) woman. I am so angry at him. I thought (wrongly of course I see now) that he was a really great guy and that you were perfect for each other. I was obviously so wrong, and I now feel that he is a horrid creature, and you are better off never even speaking to him ever again.

Hugssssssss =)). I am sooo sorry, and I am so proud of you, you Rock!!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

Wow April I am sorry you’re going through this. I have had a very similar experience twice but I was not KETO and reacted very poorly, last time by going on a six week all day alcohol and sugar binge to fight the depression and anxiety it triggered. I started KETO straight out of that binge which pushed me physically over the edge into diabetes. I have spent the last year undoing that damage. I am so impressed by your strength when you’re obviously hurting so badly. You deserve so much better. Stay strong. :cowboy_hat_face:

(traci simpson) #4

aaah! I’m really sorry, that sucks! You’re not for him, you’re better than he is. Cut your losses and wait for that man who is worthy of being in your space!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #5

Oh, honey. That is not about you, that is only about him. But I’m sorry you had the repercussions. That truly sucks.

(Failed) #6

My heart goes out to you.

Please know, if you don’t already, that everything happens the way it’s supposed to happen.

Throughout my life, I’ve found that even the worst things that happened to me led to some of the best things. Good things that couldn’t have happened without getting through the hard times.

Stay strong and know that most people are kind, caring individuals.

(hottie turned hag) #7

Girl, with those looks, that bone structure, even no makeup and upset you slay, you should have suitors galore.
Don’t even sweat it.

(Doug) #8

April, that does suck, and I’m sorry. Geez… people…:rage:

(April Harkness) #9

YOu know what’s even worse.

B**CH is a VEGAN

(hottie turned hag) #10

lmaoooo :rofl:

I wonder if she knows he’s attached? I would’ve apprised her of this fact with the quickness, were I you.

(April Harkness) #11

she knows. I saw the text

(April Harkness) #12

Sharing smoothie recipes on facebook…lol. didn’t even think anything of it…till now.

(Bob M) #13

Is he crazy? Vegans have a high propensity to have mental issues, much higher than the normal population. Whether that’s because people with those issues gravitate toward veganism, or whether veganism causes those problems (or both), it’s unclear.

(hottie turned hag) #14

Ergh. :unamused:

(April Harkness) #15

crazy thing is… I made him this a few days ago because he asked… went against all my personal belief systems.but I did it. Also got vegan meat because he can’t mix cheese and meat due to his religion…and this is what I get?? GRR. See the principles I let go because I was in love? I made this atrocity bc he requested it. https://hamburgerhelperandhairbows.wordpress.com/2014/01/09/dorito-bake-in-30-minutes-and-10-steps/

Here is the description of the restaurant they were going to go to… I want to cry. Kama Indian Bistro aims to be unique, an exotic refuge from the daily grind, perfect for a romantic date. a sleek, sexy restaurant that’s far from ordinary. Sink back into comfortable cushions with relaxing, upbeat music, enjoy the romantic atmosphere and escape from the everyday. Kama Bistro is named after the Indian cupid, the god of love and passion, symbolizing the aesthetic pleasure of the senses. Indulge your senses and experience the passion Kama brings to its food and service.

but I won’t cry. I will eat steak

(Bob M) #16

We have a friend who is Jewish and she also can’t do this. If you eat dairy, this is a tough one. Think of how many things you can’t make because of this.

The blurb for that restaurant sounds over the top.

(Marianne) #17

Oh, April, if I were there I’d give you a huge hug. You have it so together with your thoughts and feelings - more than you know. Pick up your kittie and give him/her a big kissie - if you can - you know how cats are. Depends on what day you catch them.:neutral_face:

God bless. I could give you an earful about this sorry excuse for a man - but this is your life, your decisions, your journey - not mine. What I can tell you is I kissed more frogs than I would like to admit before I met my husband at 39. I had one guy tell me, who was my Waterloo (don’t ask me why - I guess because I had zero self esteem), that at 38, my odds of meeting someone and getting married at my age were like less than zero (this was just after a big study had been published and was in all the magazines about a woman’s odds of marrying at certain ages). Dusted him and shortly after met my husband in a greasy spoon at 10PM on a Monday evening (!). (Point is it can happen.) I hope this happens for you. You deserve it. You really do. You are lovely. Everyone deserves to have a companion they can love, trust and navigate through life with.

Good luck. Beware of false prophets along the way; they are everywhere but in hindsight, they do reveal who they are - you just have to listen and trust yourself. Your heart will heal - (I think I said I wasn’t going to give my opinion…)

(April Harkness) #18

Thank you for your opinion. Thank you. Your story made me feel better.

(Marianne) #19

I always think of the line from Fried Green Tomatoes - “a heart can be broken but still keep on beating.” It really sucks.

I hope you are in a good place now. (big hug!)

(Marianne) #20

Yes!