Staying in keto at Wetherspoons

I went for a few double rum and diet cokes the other day, and fancied some food, but obviously needed to stay in keto, something easier said than done there.

Of course there’s always steak, but they come with chips or a potato, and feels quite limiting. But then I came across the chicken wings - £4.80 for 10 - 28.7g net carbs, 85.2g fat, and 106g protein. The carb count probably even slower if you excluded the sauces that come with it.

Thought I’d share in case some were put off.

An an expat Brit in the US, I’ve become very used to being able to ask wait staff to modify an order, it’s very normal here,
So I found, that on taking that idea to the UK most places are pretty good about it and will accommodate. As long as it’s as easy as leaving something off and ordering an extra side dish, I haven’t had a problem. I am not above making the odd white lie to claim an allergy or intolerance (which is true if the side is beans or pasta) and they they’re fine.

Taking a doggy bag home, not so much - they often haven’t even got any containers unless it’s a takeout place, so I will actually bring a container if I have the time to plan. It helps with the ‘finish your plate’ brainwashing I’ve never been able to ditch. Also I do hate waste.