Startled myself

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1

I was just down on the floor, giving the pellet stove a good clean, and needed to get up to do something. I realised as I was getting up, that I wasn’t holding onto anything, just getting up. In the old days, I’d have had to spend a minute or two figuring out what to grab so I could pull myself up, or how to get my feet underneath me, to use the strength in my legs. Nowadays, I just get up off the floor. Sweet!

Sweet indeed! I am much younger and pretty healthy but still not perfectly and had times when getting up was super hard. And now my SO moves not so well after a serious accident. Being mobile is very important for both of us, we can’t stay put for long, we even knew what is it not having it… So we can appreciate it very, very much.
I am happy for you :smiley:

(Allie) #3

Well done :heart:

(Polly) #4

That really is a blessing worth counting @PaulL. Well done and keep up the good work!

(Wendy) #5

Kinda like tying your shoes without having to hold your breath!

(Susan) #6

Congratulations, Paul! That is an awesome NSV for sure =).

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

Not just tying shoes, but I also love being able to wipe my bottom without getting in my own way, anymore!

(Wendy) #8

:laughing: very true!!

(Bob M) #9

Nice!

(Tracy) #10

That’s so great to hear! I’ll never forget telling a doctor when I was 21 years old that every joint in my body hurt and it took me about 30 minutes to work the soreness out when I got out of bed every morning. Now I’m double that age and I leap out of bed full of energy. Wouldn’t it be nice to go back in time and know what we know now?

(Robin) #11

Oh, what sweet moments those are! At 66, my main goal is to remain able to get up from the floor. (I too remember a time when I could not.) Happy dances all around!

(Scott) #12

That is kind of like when I first realized that I don’t need to hold my breath when I tie my shoe laces anymore. Great NSV!

(UsedToBeT2D) #13

I was surprised one day when I looked down and could see my belt buckle on my waist.

(Doug) #14

:slightly_smiling_face::+1: Defy gravity! Shake your fist at the foul beast. Laugh at its shortcomings. :sunglasses:

That’s hot.

I made all the young people at work laugh last week. I excitedly told them I could see past my gut. :joy:

(Robin) #17

How did I miss this great remark??? Thanks for the morning laugh and well, the memory of doing exactly that!