Starting carnivore again, diarrhea problems again

smart move. You got this and with ya logging like that you can truly ‘find your critical fat levels’ and kinda know where you stand and with what foods.

time Norm. truly time and adaption thru it all and YOU will get there :slight_smile: cool

(Elizabeth ) #42

Try cutting the fat off the meat and frying it very crispy in the pan. drain off the liquid fat and eat what’s left it’s not pure fat at that point it’s a matrix and has collagen and other important nutrients but you will be increasing the fat a bit.

High fat like bacon. Pork belly. like a few slices of bacon are just never a bad thing with any meal to up the fat and taste :slight_smile: yum

Norm, HI…I was thinking about you and wondering if you are finding a better eating balance? I hope your body is adapting now and things are getting easier for you? Check in when ya can :slight_smile:

so a half teaspoon of psyllium husk is not allowed on carnivore?

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #46

Not allowed by who?

Strict Carnivore means no plant based foods…

But, who made those rules? I’m sure real carnivores ( animals ) inadvertently eat some plant based foods from time to time.

I think one can adhere to the spirit of a carnivore type diet while occasionaly ingesting small amounts of plant based materials.

@OldDog
Thx Gregory. I know little to nothing about carnivore. ( Still getting accustomed to keto.)
But I just know that a little bit of psyllium husks immediately stopped any diarrhoea I was having on keto. Wonderful instant cure!

it is allowed if you allow it as a personal thing but most zero carb eaters ain’t sucking down no fiber like that. there is truly no need for fiber. the D problem is fat adaption related and you need your body to get thru this process but some can’t handle much rendered fat from burger etc. so key on carnivore is work thru the process as needed and with time and not rely on a fiber supp ever. other supps sure, fiber nope.
but again, what some take is personal and we don’t know what some carns do :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Thing is the D is a food related/fat related situation that is worked with, taking a fiber supp. isn’t what carnivore is all about and fiber/plant material ingested isn’t the solution that truly is needed if one would work thru the plan etc. But there are lipase and ox bile that does the trick and it isn’t fiber. We eat a bit leaner and watch fat intake as our bodies change and adapt. Carnivores drop fiber, even in supps. Just isn’t a carnivore thing. Eating some herbs/spice on chicken or other meat is OK ONLY if it suits the person. Like I did spice/herbs but as I stayed on plan and years down the road I am dumping them by the wayside. My body doesn’t want them at all longer I stay on plan so for us carnivore, we go ‘clean eating’ of meat/seafood/some dairy if we can tolerate it personally and don’t want a fiber supp to mess up our bodies.

Wow. Ok.
I have no idea what Vit D has to do with diarrhea.
But chronic diarrhoea can result in malabsorption and loss of lots of things like vitamins and minerals.

It is just carnivores do no fiber ever. We do no supps unless those supps are Dr. ordered due to a real med situation thru testing and more.

it is just the plan C :slight_smile:

(Norm Murphy) #51

Hi Fangs, thanks for your interest and support.
I was hoping to report more by this time but I suppose some progress is just that. I’m sticking with chicken, fish, seafood and just a small amount of butter “5 grams” at a time and doing well. I’ve added in small amounts of beef a few times with the same stomach problems as before just not as severe or long lasting, so again progress right? A few days ago added in some 90/10 Bison and the digestive distress was even less so I’m very happy with that. I did talk with a friend at my gym that turns out is making the same nutritional journey as I am. She reccomend a book that promptly purchased and read. It is Eat right for your blood type, I was shocked when it described perfectly what foods do to me for my blood type. Very interesting. So I’m just going to continue and I’m pretty sure over time I will tolerate red meat even better. It has taken me over two years and a lot of research and self examination to get to this point. If you are interested or think I may help anyone I could tell my story. Not sure if this would be the right venue for it. Let me know what you. Thanks.

well I am super happy it is a better continuing journey for you and you are getting more of a handle on what it takes for your body. many digestive troubles truly are the gut healing and time is really needed to get more fat adapted etc. We are never all on that same timeline. When I was in ZIOH forum many took into a few good years to even get to that ‘easier’ better health but they kept going along and gaining small victories over their med troubles and well being. So hold strong cause you are not the only one needing to be vigilant and walk slowly toward better health. Many are right there with ya :slight_smile: so it is good to know others are tackling and correcting personal situations as they need. Keep the faith! :slight_smile:

Hey right here in Zero Carb you should just start a thread. My story and what it takes for me…I would love to know. I so much enjoy reading how and why many walk into this way of eating and how they improve on what they are trying to change. I love that type of reading :slight_smile:

I am thrilled you got Bison into your meal plan also with less troubles. There is meat out there, we just gotta find what suits us thru our healing time and eat up :slight_smile:

(Norm Murphy) #53

Hey @Fangs another update for you. I’m doing extremely well, the book I read ‘Eat right for your blood type’ gave suggestions for very specific digestive enzymes and supplements to help heal the digestive tract and it is working. I can eat much more beef and fat without issues now. Hopefully once my gut heals and everything starts working properly I will be able to discontinue with the supplements, I hope. So all in all I’m pretty happy with my progress thanks to you and everyone that has helped me. I am so thankful for everything and especially thank you.

WOW that is a fantastic update and so happy your beef meals are increasing and you are doing good on that!! Norm it sounds like you found the fix for you and are moving forward in fine shape :slight_smile: You took the bull by the horns and found help thru it all and yea, your gut will heal more and more and only good things are coming your way :slight_smile: Very happy for you!!

Norm doing a check in with ya :slight_smile: I hope you are doing ok thru all the crazy out there and your gut is healing up better and you are finding you can eat more beef and do well on it.

Love to know how you are doing :sunny: I hope it is all good for ya on zero carb!!!

(Norm Murphy) #56

Hey Fangs, we are doing well thanks for asking. My wife is working from home and I am still working same as before all this mess as my job is in the essential category. I hope you and yours are staying safe. So far so good, I’m still tweaking my diet. It’s funny but my stomach doesn’t like 100% carnivore right now. I’ve found that if I add a small amount of non-carnivor carbs it doesn’t negatively affect me in any way. So I’m just going to stay the course and let my body continue to heal. You know, in the grand scheme of things my body is healing quickly compared to the amount of time I was eating carbage. So I’m just going to continue to give it as much of the good stuff as it will allow and listen to what it’s saying.

(Bunny) #57

Hi Norm, have you ever had a immunoglobulin E (IgE) test?

References:

[1] Meat-specific IgG and IgA Antibodies Coexist With IgE Antibodies in Sera From Allergic Patients: Clinical Association and Modulation by Exclusion Diet

[2] “…The immune reaction is not always related to the proteins found in meat, but sometimes it’s from the carbohydrates, according to the 2010 annual meeting of the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology. Your body mistakes the carbohydrates – or proteins – as dangerous substances and reacts by creating immunoglobulin E antibodies and histamine. These chemicals cause a reaction to occur throughout the body, leading to inflammation in soft tissue. Inflammation that forms in the digestive system will cause diarrhea, cramping, nausea and vomiting. Food allergies can disrupt breathing and can be life threatening if left untreated. …” …More

image image link

Norm any way you can even out your body and make it all work for you is a good thing :slight_smile: It sounds like you are truly finding that right combo for your personal lifestyle now. Very cool.

Ahh, your wife is working from home now. But you are not. My hubby drives vehicles for dealerships and he is working a lot still. I would think no one would be buying vehicles and trading etc. but they are and he is still hopping with work. (We are semi retired now and he took this drive job for something to do and some bucks and everything is going well on that)

If you find the few carbs you are eating is adapting your body better in some way, yea sure go for it :sunny: Nothing wrong with that at all.

Thanks for giving a good update report. I am glad it is all falling into place for you. We are doing well here in my neck of the woods, thanks for asking :slight_smile:

(Norm Murphy) #59

Hi Spacebunny, first of all thank you for your help. The more information I have the better off I am. As you know when I had my bloodwork done at the beginning of all this and the inflammation markers were extremely high and of great concern for my doctor. I haven’t had bloodwork done to compare results yet but I know inflammation is down, I can see and feel it. It’s interesting that you speak of antibodies in the blood and how they react to food. A good friend reccomend a book for me ‘Eat right for your blood type’. I am type O+ and that section of the book is so me, it was creepy. The author wrote exactly what you speak of, he also recommended a few very inexpensive supplements to help heal my gut and suprising to me they seem to be helping. My progress is good only a few steps backwards as I experiment and tweak my diet. When I return to my doctor for more bloodwork I will absolutely request she perform the test you reccomend. Thank you again, I really do appreciate your help, suggestions and obvious experience that you have in this area. If anything else comes to mind please send it my way, everything helps.