Starting a salt quote thread - anyone want to add to it?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1

Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all. Nelson Mandela

I always use my ‘Holy Trinity’ which is salt, olive oil and bacon. My motto is, ‘bacon always makes it better.’ I try to use bacon and pork products whenever I can. Anne Burrell

We are the salt of the earth, mind you, not the sugar. Our ministry is to truly cleanse and not just to change the taste.
Vance Havner

“The laboratory evidence that carbohydrate-rich diets can cause the body to retain water and so raise blood pressure, just as salt consumption is supposed to do, dates back well over a century”
― Gary Taubes, Good Calories, Bad Calories: Challenging the Conventional Wisdom on Diet, Weight Control, and Disease

“Give neither counsel nor salt till you are asked for it” - English Proverb

“A proverb is to speech what salt is to food” (Panamanian Proverb).

“Before you make a friend, eat a pack of salt with him” Dutch Proverb

And I challenge anyone to come up with magnesium and potassium quotes:rofl::rofl::rofl:

“I always soak in a bath with Epsom salts for a minimum of 20 minutes to absorb the magnesium once I get home.” Mirai Nagasu

“I’m all about the supplements. I take fish oil every single day, as well as vitamin D, magnesium, B complex, vitamin C.” Victoria Justice

“Commonly, athletes will bolster their dietary intake with everyday vitamins such as magnesium and iron as well as more exotic products such as whey protein, creatine, carnitine and branched-chain amino acids specifically aimed at improving performance and recovery time.” Chuck Norris

“I love the benefits I get from drinking Obrigado. It’s naturally high in potassium and low in sodium and calories, so it’s a great alternative to sports drinks.” Brooke Sweat

(karen) #3

“Life should not be short and sweet - it should be long and salty, like bacon!” - kib

At the end of the day, you can’t compete with Mother Nature. If you’ve got a great tomato, just a pinch of sea salt is all you need. Zac Posen

“A wise woman puts a grain of sugar into everything she says to a man, and takes a grain of salt with everything he says to her.” Helen Rowland

“Life would pall if it were all sugar; salt is bitter if taken by itself; but when tasted as part of the dish, it savours the meat. Difficulties are the salt of life.” Robert Baden-Powell

“Wit is the salt of conversation, not the food.” William Hazlitt

(Casey Crisler) #5

“you ain’t worth the salt in my tears” - Martin Briley

(Davy) #6

And Jesus said, “Thou shalt take extra highly absorbable magnesium, potassium gluconate and Real Salt when thou thirst and it shall set you free.” . . . spoken five minutes after Sermon on the Mount speech.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

Ah, yes. I believe that’s II Dudes, chapter six, verse nineteen . . . :rofl:

(Shayne) #8

(Bunny) #9

Sea Salts role in Agriculture: Trace Elements & Minerals, Organic vs. Inorganic:

The article "Trace Elements: No Longer Good Versus Bad’ describes such action as follows: “…A trace may stick to an enzyme like a sidekick and alter its structure, or it may help carry glucose through the cell membrane as part of its function. Our health simply cannot wait for the exact role of each element to be discovered. …“ ibid. “…I began my research 35 years ago because I felt that we should put all of the elements back into the soil in the same proportions that they are found in the sea.” - OCEAN HEALTH Team: is a group of dedicated, passionate and caring individuals. We are mostly health professionals with many years of experience behind us.

(Diane) #10

Awesome utilization of the blur!

(Diane) #11

Huh, the blur didn’t continue to the included quote!

(Shayne) #12