Starting a bacon experiment today

bacon

(Magnus Jensen) #1

I am 70 kg, 174 cm. And quite lean (about 12% BF).
Today I am starting a bacon experiment lasting for 7 days.
Doing 750 grams of uncocked bacon per day, starting with 3 meals a day and might adjust during the 7 days into more IF/EF/OMAD patterns along the way depending on satiety signals due to the monotonous of the experimet.

Other aspects:
Fully fat adapted and being in ketosis for 3 months now.
Working out (hard) every day.
Will be supplementing with “Keto” Electrolytes.
Coffee+Water allowed.

Any hypothesis of where this will end? Weight reduction and more “leanness”.

I also wonder about the ammount. According to different macro nutrient calculators my daily kcal for weight reduction (a healthy one) suggest 2200 ish calories per day. 750 grams gives me 2300 calories per day.
Should I also be in caloric deficit to lose weight here or will the “bacon-effect” make sure of this?
This I will find out, but maybe some of you have a hypothesis here?

You typed “uncocked”. Do you mean uncured or uncooked — as in raw?

(Magnus Jensen) #3

I ment the weight is before I put it in the oven.

(Bunny) #4

The bacon-effect: not only will eating delicious fatty bacon strips help you lose weight but listening to sizzling bacon to help you sleep so you can make more fat burning hormones for increased leanness?

8hr The Sound of Bacon "Sleep Sounds”

(Magnus Jensen) #5

Experiencing total abcence of hunger today after 250 grams of bacon for breakfast and a hard workout. Abcence of hunger is probably a side-effect of both that I ate breakfast (always skip it as my IF plan) and the dense satiety that this amount of bacon gives…

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #6

I eat a LOT of bacon and I think I eat a whole lot less because of it. It keeps me full for a very long time.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7

I would think one of the larger results will be boredom. Yes, I said it. Boredom with bacon.

(Magnus Jensen) #8

Anybody have opinions on calories doing a bacon fast? Doing 2 pounds of Norwegian bacon is about 140 grams of protein btw.