Stalling issue :(

Hey everyone I am back and I’m not trying to complain or be annoying but I need tips and help!

I want to be honest with everyone and I am going to give you a detail description of what I eat and about my past in order for y’all to get some insight on me!

-I am a female, 25 years old, and currently weigh 195 (Aug 2 is when I started the keto at a weight of 220 lbs)
-I always had weight issues as a child and teen, but in late high school I lost a good bit of weight because I played varsity basketball. In high school I weighed around 150
-In college I started taking Adderal and this helped with my studies tremendously. However, after taking it for about 3 years I lost a lot of weight! I was at my lowest weight at being 140. And I loved it! But eventually I stopped taking adderall about 1.5-2 years ago and this is when everything went downhill for me. I gained a TREMENDOUS amount of weight. My metabolism was already crap and after getting off the medication my whole system was just screwed. Hence, the gaining weight issue, which I became 220 pounds.
-Also, I have hypothyroidism. Yes, I have been taking medication for it however I stopped taking it and slacked off. I just now got my new refill and began taking it 2 weeks ago, and I will not stop because I hope this will help a little with my issue.
-I started the keto, lost about 15 pounds the first month, then after my weight loss slowed down… which was still ok to me as long as I was losing weight. Now, it has been 1 month that my weight has not budged.
-I haven’t exercised since starting the keto. I am going to begin moderate workouts (2-3 days a week) to see if something happens to my weight loss.

My typical day of eating:
-10 am I have unsweetened black coffee, with heavy whipping cream, and mct oil
-12-1 pm I will snack on cheese (sometimes a little and sometimes a lot) and some salami or pepperoni (BoarsHead brand)
-7-8 pm I make something homemade. today for instance I made red curry with chicken thighs (I used coconut milk) or broccoli with chicken and homemade alfredo sauce (which is mostly cream cheese and heavy whipping cream and parmesan).
-water intake is not a lot…I maybe drink 4 cups a day.

What is your opinion considering my background of medication of adderall and weight issues?? What should I change? Am I doing something wrong?? Also, because I work, sometimes I may eat my dinner a bit late, like around 9 pm. I will try to keep dinner before 7 if possible.

(Frank) #2

Is the a repeat post? I swear I read it before.

i posted yesterday but only received 1 opinion from a user, I was hopping to repost to get more opinions. I need all the help I can receive on here :frowning:

(Frank) #4

Your weight loss is great so far. Stalls will happen. Change up your patterns with diet and exercise and see if that shakes things loose. I have had at least 3 stalls on my journey and changing the patterns which inevitably we do was the only way to get things moving along again. Check out the keto Roulette thread to check out what I did on my last stall.

I just checked it out what a great idea!! I may overthink it a lot possibly. I need to remind myself that this is a journey and it will take time. I hate how quickly I gained the weight but the losing part is so freakin hard! again thank you!

(mole person) #6

There is a lot of dairy in your eating. Are you sure you are under 20 net grams of carbs a day? Dairy has carbs so you have to be sure you aren’t eating too much.

I am usually around 25 net carbs a day! I need to cut some cheese snacking out of my daily eating and see if there will be a change. I just love cheese so much! It could be the problem :confused:

(mole person) #8

Dairy was a huge problem for me. I was never able to solve it until I gave it up completely. Another thing you could try is to just give up the whipping cream and MCT oil in the coffee in the morning. That would extend your fasting window from dinner the night before until your lunchtime and might start you losing weight again. You want to have as long a food free period each day as possible to allow your insulin to stay low longer and your body to eat through your own fat.

Good luck to you!

wow this is a great tip! thank you!!!

(mole person) #10

you’re very welcome. :blush: