Stalled out - can’t explain —- any ideas?

I’m normal weight /BMI dropping a bit more w keto diet ( 137 BMI 23 to now 129-130 aiming at 120 BMI 20) just cuz I like it there.

On intermittent pure ketogenic ( <10 netcarbs/day) and LCHF ( <23netcarbs/day).
Per blood keto meter, running bw 0.3 and 0.7 ketones w no vitamin C ingestion - every day.
Feel great - run or swim every day just 20 min or so but at a very active time since we are moving house.

So I’m at this plateau with weight remaining at 128-129-130-129 past 4-5 days mb it’s been 6 or 7. Bulletproof coffee every morning. Using an egg diet +/- 16:8 intermittent fasting these past days but then add fish and salad or sautéed vegies for dinner w my hubbie. Small portions are no problem. Nothing extra. One shot vodka before dinner, no beer !

Anything I can add or alter to this program ? I want to get to my 120 goal and cruise there, maybe add some further vegie carbs etc while keeping close eye on all measures.

Not sure why I’m stuck right now - any ideas ?

THANKS !

(VLC.MD) #2

It’s harder to lose weight when you are thinner.

I know that’s for sure. In part because there’s probably less variability in “water weight”. Also maybe something dreamy like the body “wants” to be a certain weight but I’m never too sure about such romance (!). I have lost 8-9 pounds in 3-4 weeks becoming and now “fat adapted” or “in keto” and it does seem I should be able to drop these next 8 or 9. Damn ! Ha ha. Guess I’m looking for some sort of added “magic bullet”. And sure enough such magic can work if only just at a particular time and circumstance. LOVE this forum ! Thanks for being on it - I read when I see your name : )
Ah-tee

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

Are you doing full on BPC? You might want to switch to just adding a tablespoon of HWC instead of all the oils etc. BPCs can get up to 400 cals depending on what you add to them. Just using a bit of HWC could give you a nice reduction in cals. while still giving your body some fat, not a lot to pull down.

You want your body to use your stored fat. If you still have fat to burn, then all you need is the low carbs, moderate protein. Good luck finding your sweet spot.