Stall after 2 month?

(Midnight Sun) #1

Hello all,

I did keto on and off for a while and went serious when I read the obesity code and listen to the dudes. I’ve been yo-yo dieting my whole life but never lost more the 20-30 lb then stall.Preformatted text

I have been doing keto for 2 month and been following my macros in general always making sure to add more fat to anything I eat (80% fat 15% protein and 5% carbs).I had cut off all dairy (might have a lactose intolerance) and all sweeteners (another experiment). And I am also doing IF with some extended fasts also on some weeks. All my carbs come from avocados, walnuts and pecans (on occasion almonds).

I was losing weight consistently untill I tried to reintroduce dairy, I gained 5lb in a week. I decided to cut dairy out again and do what I was doing before with out any extended fasting for a week (I started getting hungry again). This week I am at the same weight.

Getting a little discouraged because it’s been 2 month and only lost 15lb. Comparing to other people who are losing 40lb and stalling (the Dream).

I track my weight weekly and always put in comments to weeks that go bad to see what might have gone wrong. I muat also add that I have drank alcohol (vodka, rum and whiskey) on 3 separate days, 1 to 2 glasses. But I don’t think it would have that much of and impact would it?

Any and all advice would be helpful.

Thanks

(Ellen) #2

Check out Post Induction Stall Syndrome, perfectly natural. Just keep with it and maybe keep the dairy out for a while. Results of 40+lbs in a month are outliers not the norm. Forget the scales for a bit, just KCKO and hopefully enjoy all the other health benefits of keto.

(Midnight Sun) #3

Thanks for the reassurance. But the problem is I have stalled on many diets before never going under 260. This is very concerning to me. I want to make sure I am doing everything in right.

This a mental thing and I don’t want to stress over it because I know keto is great for my health in general. But my major concern (for as long as I can remember) has always been to get to a healthy weight. My whole family is overweight, and we have all tried to change it. All my siblings have tried different diets, excercise and supplements. I would like to be the first to break the trend and be an example for them.

It’s getting bad to the point where one of them is considering surgical intervention.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #4

Please don’t give up! I know stalls are discouraging. But a stall is actually maintenance, which is harder than losing in the long run. I know you’re not ready to maintain but keeping 15 pounds off is still a success. You learned something experimenting with dairy. I’m at the point now I don’t lose when eating. I think of feasting time as maintenance practice. Fasting is for weight loss. I have a goal of at least one 4 day fast per month and 3 fast days per week. I haven’t decided if those 3 days should be contiguous. Still experimenting. KCKO

(Midnight Sun) #5

I will keep keto’ing on and will integrate more fasting in my week and experiment with consecutive and alternate day fasting. I think IF (hours fasted a day) won’t work too much for me as I was going 20/4 and I did not lose weight at all.

Thanks for the support. I am not done yet with keto. The science behind it is too strong