Spiralisers

Glad you asked?

(Guardian of the bacon) #22

Have to admit, Didnā€™t see that coming.

My son is a nurse, His wife is a vagina DR. (his label not mine, she really is OBGYN) They have some interesting conversations. (sheā€™s not terribly fond of the label either)

(Ian Stavert) #23

Yeah - Iā€™ve got something like that - I like it because I can take it camping and it doesnā€™t take much room.

(eat more) #24

i had the Paderno spiralizer a few years agoā€¦returned itā€¦took up too much room and didnā€™t do what it was supposed to do most of the time, have the handheld one which we will not nameā€¦felt like i was wasting half of whatever vegetable in an effort to save my fingersā€¦
picked up the cuisinart at Costco about a month ago. very happy with itā€¦easy clean up and only leaves about a 1/4" flat disk of the vegetable that is easily chopped and incorporatedā€¦no weird spiral tubes or vegetable earth drill bits LOL
well worth the $20

(Clare) #25

I am on my third - (heavy duty spiral habit).
My first was one of those conical hand held things and it lacerated my hands.
My second was a Gefu - one of these:

This was great for some things but no cop whatsoever for harder veg like squash.
Presumably because of the pressure required to push harder veg through it, it broke at the top where the handle you turn attached to the metal spindle.
I glued it back together but itā€™s only ok for soft veg.
However, since it makes utterly brilliant fine noodles from bell peppers - and it can still do this, Iā€™m keeping it around.

My newest is this little fella:

Itā€™s made by a company called ICO - Impeccable culinary objects. Itā€™s metal not plastic and it makes fast work of everything Iā€™ve put through it. This one feels like it may last.

(bulkbiker) #27

Extra protein?

I have the one thatā€™s advertised on TV. I think it is the Vegetti. (Sorry, @Daisy!) Lol
Itā€™s not bad, but I would say that my veggies are more like ribbons than anything else. Maybe thatā€™s how theyā€™re supposed to be?

I have what is probably a Chinese knock-off of the Paderno spiralizer. Love it! I used to think it was pain in the arse to clean, but really all I do is wash the blade and rinse off the rest. Pretty easy. I like that it does a real spaghetti shape as well as lovely zucchini ribbons.

I bought a spiralizer off of Amazon and a julienne blade made by Miu from Amazon. While the spiralizer is just okay, I really like the julienne
https://www.amazon.com/MIU-France-Stainless-Peeler-Julienne/dp/B004ISKZYQ
Been using it for a few weeks, mostly on zucchini and although it does not get every last morsel I find it so much less bother than a spiralizer and I fairly clumsy and have not injured myself yet (jinx!)

Paid under $10

(Allie) #31

I have the original version of this one, bought it way back in 2005ā€¦ still works just fine :smiley:

(Ren) #32

The one I have is very similar to the one you have. I bought it at Aldiā€™s for $12.

(Mike W.) #33

I have the one that goes on a Kitchenaid stand mixer. Works great.

(Clara Teixeira) #34

I bought this Brieftons 5 blade. Still waiting on my zucchini plants to produce so I can give it a try! I have beets ready but am afraid to eat them as I know Iā€™ll go way over on carbs if I start eating them. Fried beets used to be my most favorite summer meal.

So, besides zucchini and squash, are there any other low carb uses for this machine? Iā€™m struggling to think of other acceptable veggiesā€¦ :thinking:

I want the vegie bullet. It slices meat!

I use a julienne peeler as well, it takes up a tiny space in my kitchen drawer. It doesnā€™t take long and in fact, I made some zuch noodles yesterday along with some pesto, superb!

(Khara) #38

Mine is a Paderno World Cuisine brand. It was in a gift set from Williams Sonoma with a book. I love it. We mostly make zucchini spaghetti with a homemade tomato sauce thatā€™s loaded with meat and then topped with mozzarella. We love it better than traditional spaghetti and feel so much better after eating it. Hereā€™s what the spiralizer looks like.

Nice! I have the Chinese knockoff version of the Paderno lolā€¦It works great.

(Suzi Smotrycz-Guilford) #40

I have the inspiralizer which works great for me. I would love to get my hands on the kitchenaid spiralizer attachment!