Species specific nutrition -duh!

So am watching a doco called ‘pet fooled’ all about not feeding grain to your carnivore pets -dogs and cats etc.
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5700496/)

We’re essentially doing the same thing to our pets as we are to ourselves with the same awful health outcomes.

Any thoughts out there in the keto world about this?

Plenty! Check out these posts:

yep exactly!

Which leads me to my next thought - we feed crap to agricultural animals all the time and then eat those.

How much sick and inflamed meat are we consuming and what are the consequences of that?

Grain fattened beef is still lauded as a fine thing in many butchers and stamped ‘organic’. Why is the grass eater all of a sudden getting so fat on a grain diet? Is this an indicator of inflammation and hence illness?

What about chickens? They’re insectivorous jungle fowl not wheat or worse ‘pellet’ consumers. Every time we gave our chooks the mysterious chook feed pellets they got gumpfed up bums - vent gleet.

I could go on… :\

(Roxanne) #4

We were always careful to choose grain-free food kibble for our dogs, but not for us, silly humans that we were! However, we still gave them our leftover rice, bits of toast, left over potatoes, etc, as “treats”. Since we’ve gone keto and no longer consume those things, they’ve stopped passing gas! They used to be able to clear a room with their “silent but deadly” farts :joy:

(Mother of Puppies ) #5

My baby girl eats most of my Keto casseroles (I leave onions out) and she LOVES THEMMMM