Sparkling water, zero sweetener

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

New product. Yes please.

I notice that those packages are for 8 cans. Is the pricing the same as the 12 can boxes of Coke?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

No clue. This was eight 12 ounce cans on sale for $2.99 USD, normally $3.99

(Tessy M.) #4

They are normally a bit more expensive than a 12 pack of soda. I’ve bought Dasani, Simply Balanced (Target brand), La Croix, Roundy’s, Canada Dry, Schwepps… Even the generics are about the same price as the rest.
I have a SodaStream and make my sparkling water that way. It’s not flavored, but you can always add flavor. This is a bit cheaper than the cans.

Is the Dasani any good?

(Tessy M.) #6

I love the Black Cherry flavor. One thing about Dasani is that it has sodium. Most of the others don’t. The amount is negligible, but something that caught my eye.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #7

Well then, perfect for keto. We need lots of sodium!

(Tessy M.) #8

That’s right! It’s never deterred me!

I like Dasani as well as LaCroix and Aldi’s. Last year we found the Dasani on sale with a coupon attached to each case of 12 that brought the price down to 99 cents. We bought 10 of them. :slight_smile:
We had bought a couple on sale for 2.99 per case the previous week and thought that was good. :slight_smile:

(Ashley Haddock) #10

I’m drinking the Dasani Raspberry Lemonade right now. :blush: Kroger also has a store brand with some really good flavors in a 12-pack that’s usually on sale for $2.99. Lemon lime, cranberry lime, blackberry citrus and mandarin orange are all really good. I’ve heard their peach flavor is amazing but my store doesn’t carry it.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #11

Any sweeteners? Just sparkling water?

(Ashley Haddock) #12

Just sparkling water.

(Michelle) #13

Are there sweeteners in there? what produces the flavor?

(Ashley Haddock) #14

No sweeteners. It’s not sweet at all. It’s carbonated water with “fruit essence.” So you get flavor and carbonation but no sweetness. I hated them when I first tried them but I grew to love them.

I’ve been wanting something different and seen these in the store, so I think I’ll give them a try. :wink:

I loooooove Hint fizz, which is similar. Unfortunately hint is really overpriced but I tell myself I am worth it, lol :blush:

(Ashley Haddock) #17

You ARE!

If you like LeCroix, you might want to check Aldi’s. Yesterday, in the “seasonal/Aldi’s Finds” aisle, they had 15-pack cases of LeCroix for $3.99 “while supplies last”.

(Ashley Haddock) #19

That is a great deal. Wish we had Aldi’s here!

We finally have one here. It opened last November. No Trader Joe’s.

Also, sometimes Big Lots has the 15 pack of LeCroix for $5 and combined with the occasional 20% off sale is pretty good. Don’t know if Big Lots is just local to the east coast?