Spam can help

(Casey Crisler) #1

Does anyone have any suggestions? I don’t really want to return it.

(Jacquelyn Graham) #2

Regular can opener? Screwdriver to pry at the seam? Pop it open and use some pliers to peel it back.

(Doug) #3

I think this is it - pry or just stab the darn thing, anything so you can grip a grip with the pliers.

(Aimee Moisa) #4

Can opener on the bottom?

(Casey Crisler) #5

You all are awesome. I tried using an electric can opener. But a manual can opener worked. I didn’t even know I had a manual can opener

(Troy) #6

So, did you FRY it up?:smiley:
Yum

(Casey Crisler) #7

“So, did you FRY it up?”

Nope. Ate it straight out of the can. Although it would have went well with eggs.

(Lonnie Hedley) #8

@Baytowvin makes fries out of it.

(Aimee Moisa) #9

Chop it up, fry in pan, dip in yellow mustard. Delish.

(Candy Lind) #10

OK, here’s a funny … I opened this “Spam can help” thread thinking “Spam can help … with what??” :crazy_face:

(Maggie C.) #11

Spam is my savior! Also Libby’s Corned Beef. It has the perfect macros and travels nicely. Spam can help…those primal meat-eating urges!

(Rocky B) #12

When I was a kid my family often ate Spam on camping trips but I have avoided it for years. Aside from being highly processed, which we’ve been led to believe is unhealthy, it contains some sugar and potato starch. Shouldn’t we be avoiding those as well on keto since they are refined carbs?

(Troy) #13

Looks good , to me at least
Perfect KETO - WOE Nutritional Value🤣

(Rocky B) #14

I never said I didn’t love the stuff. :yum:

(Maria W) #15

Noooooooo! I love Spam it’s my one guilty pleasure! Okay, well one of many guilty pleasures. Please let it be keto friendly!

(Casey Crisler) #16

Hard to say. The quick minute of research on the internet I did doesn’t give a clear answer. Some say yes, others say no. One guy’s answer was simply IIFYM…If It Fits Your Macros. I guess it’s one of those things like fake sweeteners, if it affects you negatively, then use with caution, I will continue to eat it as a fat booster to my lower-fat-than-they-should-be (LFTTSB) meals. At least until I get sick of it (UIGSOI).

I read it the same way. And it wasn’t till I read your comment that i understood :roll_eyes:

I’ve never had Spam, fried or not! Will have to be more adventurous…….

(Troy) #19

Go for it!
Endless possibilities
Dice up as a pizza topping, add in to Riced cauliflower, dice up w fried cabbage, spam fries, and to your favorite scramble or omelette

Can NEVER go wrong fried up w eggs of course :heart_eyes: