Sous vide turkey

(bulkbiker) #21

Tough why?.. once you have split the turkey down its not that hard… I would certainly not try to sous vide a whole one but I could have fitted 6-8 breasts into my 30cm diameter pot.

(Bob M) #22

We usually cook two turkeys, and you’re supposed to sous vide the legs and breasts at different temperatures and for different times. Doesn’t work well with one sous vide.

(Mike W.) #23

I sous vide and smoked the dark parts. It’s a winner.

(bulkbiker) #24

Sorry all those expecting leg pics… but tonight we had the wings cooked in the oven low and slow for 7 hours at 120C then full temp for 20 minutes to finish off… pretty good too not too dry but probably would have been better sous vide. Also finished of the remainder of the breast (after having some for lunch too).
Legs will have to wait until tomorrow and I’ll try and remember to take some pics… wings got eaten before i had a chance sorry…

(bulkbiker) #25

Ok and here are the legs… stuffed with 97% pork sausage.

Cooked 10 hours at 65C then finished in the hottest oven I could get for 20 minutes

MMMM they were good.
Hubby (who doesn’t even like turkey) had thirds…

(Carl Keller) #26

I thought I didn’t want to look at another turkey for at least a few months, but damn that looks good.

(Glenda) #27

We did sous vide for our turkey this year. I just followed the recipe in the chef steps/joule app for the whole turkey, which involved butchering it and breaking it down into legs and breasts and cooking the dark meat for 24 hrs, the breasts for 8-14 hrs. It turned out great (husband doesn’t like turkey and said it was the best he’d ever had). We rigged up our cooler to fit the whole turkey.