Sous Vide New User Question

(matt ) #21

Here it is.

(matt ) #22

Top round.

(Missy) #23

So just as long as the garlic is pre-cooked, it’s safe to sous vide?

I have the Anvo sitting in my cart. Just waiting to push that button! :laughing:

(Sophie) #24

This makes perfect sense to me. I’m not going to sweat it.

(Sophie) #25

Thanks! I love to roast a dozen bulbs or more and share with my beef farmer friend! :wink:

(Sophie) #26

Jesus Matt, You just had to post those pics didn’t you! :drooling_face: :crazy_face: :laughing:

(Sophie) #27

Gurl, just pull the trigger! :smile:

(Missy) #28

I want to but I’m going out of town in a few days and I don’t want that sitting on my porch. Some packages around here grow legs and walk away, never to be seen again.:wink:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #29

Yep. Something hotter than 160 or so to kill the botulinum toxin.

http://sousvideresources.com/2016/07/23/fresh-garlic-in-sous-vide/

(Sophie) #30

Unfortunately, that is the way of the world these days. It didn’t used to be that way though. I remember a time when…never mind, that’s entirely another thread. :roll_eyes:

(Missy) #31

Yes Matt, please tell me more about that top round. I swore I’d NEVER eat top round again since that was the only roast we could afford when my husband and I first got married. My last top round steak/ roast was 14 years ago and I haven’t touched it since. Will the sous vide bring it back to life for me?

(Missy) #32

Lol! I remember those days too. :grin:

(Sophie) #33

I’m not Matt but I’d say Oh Hell Yeah! Sous Vide is supposed to be perfect for tough cuts of meat!

(Missy) #34

Really? My husband would love for me to buy cheaper meats but since I’m the cook of the house, he has no choice. :blush:

If that’s the case, I have a better chance of convincing him the sous vide gadget is worth it’s weight in gold. I also have the instant pot sitting in my cart. Oh the choices!

(Sophie) #35

I suspect that my Crock Pot and Pressure Cooker are headed to garage storage. One of the thing’s I’m most excited about the Sous Vide is cheese making!!! Just having the ability to maintain a steady temp is very important and it looks like this wee gadget is just the ticket… OMG the possibilities make me positively giddy! I wish it would hurry up and GET HERE! :laughing::laughing::laughing: I feel like a kid at Christmas with the promise of New Toys! :blush:

(Candy Lind) #36

And I just HAD to be looking at this while I’m fasting! I don’t think I’m gonna make it through this one. :worried:

(Missy) #37

I haven’t even pushed the order button and I already feel like a kid during Christmas. I’ve been prematurely looking up sous vide articles and these guys posting their product pictures isn’t helping any. :joy:

(matt ) #38

@MissyMe
Yeah we grew up with dry roast beef so I never touched the stuff. My wife got a couple on sale and we did them sous vide at 131 and then seared them. Still lean as ever but so tender. We served it with a cheese suace best I recall.

(matt ) #39

London broil cuts of top round are also great in sous vide.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #40

Sous Vide + chuck + time = ribeye awesomeness at lower price.