Sous Vide has its own category!

(Running from stupidity) #1

Thanks to the admins for making this a thing.

Now we can talk about everything sous vide away from those filthy ignorant heathens who don’t understand the joys of precision cooking without taking over the main food thread mostly used by those filthy ignorant heathens who don’t understand the joys of precision cooking the usual forum participants.

Sous vide machines, containers, people can ask questions about how glorious it is and how they can stop being filthy ignorant heathens who don’t understand the joys of precision cooking non-sous-viders, share tips, specials, what and how they cook in it, and so on.

All here in our safe space, away from those filthy ignorant heathens who don’t understand the joys of precision cooking where we won’t annoy anyone else.

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

(Brian) #2

Glad to hear it!

Maybe I can learn as a little knowledge sinks in from it being repeated over and over. LOL!

Have a chuck roast in the sous vide right now that should turn out to be extremely tender and full of flavor. Have done numerous of them and they always seem to come out good.

But… I tried to do a London Broil in the sous vide a few weeks back and it turned into shoe leather. Barely could even eat it. Not a bad taste, but tough. I’m sure I ruined it but not sure if I overcooked or exactly what I did. Like I said, I’ll eventually learn… probably from just reading about it over and over. So many cuts of meat… and they don’t all seem to cook the same.

:slight_smile:

Anyway, glad there’s a dedicated category!

(Running from stupidity) #3

Yeah, that’s very true, for sure. Some stuff takes 40 minutes, others 72 hours or more. Different temperatures as well.

It’s interesting, no doubt about that.

(Doug) #4

Pork chops 140° F/60° C for 4 hours. Just bagged and cooked, patted dry, then salted & peppered both sides and seared in a hot stainless steel pan with some butter.

A real eye-opener, far beyond any pork chops my wife and I had ever had. Amazingly juicy - surely this is where sous vide really shines; almost too juicy - takes some getting used to.

Same experience here, Doug!

(Running from stupidity) #6

Gotta be good then, I say!

Just a note, we’ve got other threads open in here now, and obviously anyone can create new ones, so we don’t need to keep it all to this thread.

We’ll see what happens :slight_smile: