Sourdough?

I don’t remember anymore how much sourdough is needed for a bread and back then I made wheat breads… Maybe you can have some cute slice with that?

I can use not much old bread dough (wheat bread but it has oily seeds too. still almost as carby as a “normal” one) to improve the taste as I add yeast anyway. I looked up the data for my older bread where I used more than now and added some buckwheat as well (I liked its taste in bread at that time)… 120g of that bread (baked) has about 20g carbs, my newer bread is a bit lower-carb and still surprisingly okay. Apart from the starches, I use some normal keto bread recipe with yeast and gluten and flax and fiber so there are carbs in many ingredients but not so very much.

(Maybe I should do a sourdough bread occasionally… It’s nice sometimes but we typically want a neutral bread without that distinct flavor. And I remember I didn’t like to play with the sourdough, I didn’t needed such a bread sooo much and I am lazy. Using old bread dough is not much extra work and it’s quite nice. But very different so both method has their uses.)

PRETTY! :heart_eyes: I like to bake bread because I like how they look :smiley: But mine is never this fancy nowadays.

(KCKO, KCFO) #22

If you can eat one slice of sourdough bread, you are a freaking freak Man. I can inhale that stuff. That is why I haven’t had any in almost 5 yrs. now. Grains were a major part of my former WOE. Not any more.

I have considered trying to sour dough using almond and coconut flour, but it is slippery slope so I haven’t acted on that thought and probably won’t. I do still have dried Carl’s starter in the cupboard, and it will just have to stay there.

(Kirk Wolak) #23

Tim,
Can you tell me the health benefits of eating bread?
Versus the keeping the addiction alive?

We are so addicted to these processed and unnatural foods.
We can’t seem to give them up.

Is there ANY benefit in keeping an addiction to bread alive?
At this point in my life, I’ve eaten all the bread I intend to eat.

I think Michael nailed it!