Sophie's No-Bake Mile High Cheesecake

(Sophie) #21

I cut the recipe in half and used half of one small box of sugar free flavored jello and half a cup of boiling water. I didn’t measure 'cos I’m kind of a freestyle cook also, unless I’m working on something special. :smile:

(Sophie) #22

Doug, seriously, you need to make you some. :wink:

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you! Everyone here wants key lime now. Not sure how I’ll pull that one off since they’re so rare to find and I’ve never seen it as a flavor.

(Sophie) #24

You can get it in bottle. I’ve tried it before and it worked out great. Love the idea of Key Lime Cheesecake! Amazon has it for more depending on what you what you are willing to pay…

oooh I’m getting that!! Had no idea it came in a bottle like lemon juice. Thank you!

(Nicole Silvia) #26

This looks amazin

g! I’m going to try to make this! I’m new to keto, did anyone calculate the net carbs?

Alsop, what is the confectioners?

Sophie, how many servings are you getting? I’ve got some small springform pans, so I’d rather make small ones then one big one. Thanks!

(Sophie) #28

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve been on the road for the last 2 weeks.

@Silvian I’ve been remiss in running the macros. I used Swerve Confectioners sugar replacement in this recipe. I get it at my Publix store. Not sure where you are located, but you should be able to find it in the sugar aisle.

@Virginia I try to slice small so anywhere between 10-12 for my 8" springform.

this is prob the best recipe I’ve seen yet for cheesecake, gonna print and save for when I can experiment a little. thanks for posting!!

Thanks!

(Sophie) #31

After we talked about this, I’ve had Key Lime in the back of my mind floating around. Hubby found the juice at our Publix here in TN. I think it was in the cocktail mixer section.

Anyway, today I just found out tht all of the charges against Dr. Gary Fettke had been dropped so I wanted to celebrate! (well, any reason to celebrate really, but that’s Huge!) So, I made the Key Lime cheesecake.

Here’s what I did… The lime juice bottle calls for 1/2c. for a regular pie-type pie. I cut the water for the gelatin to 3/4c. I used everything else the same, but subbed out your suggestion of Marscapone for one of the blocks of cream cheese. I added 1/2c of the lime juice + 1T and about 12 drops of sucralose. it tasted pretty darn good. In the fridge now so time will tell!

Ooooh! That sounds really, really good!! Enjoy your cheesecake!!

(charlie3) #33

As a bachelor, living alone, and working long hours there is no time for these projects, yet. I used to visit a near by bakery regularly for bread and always swooned over the sweets and rarely buying any of them. Now I don’t go in there at all because he makes nothing I want to eat, so I wonder, could he be offering carb free sweets and how do I get him interested? This also seems like something places like Starbucks could be doing. Their deserts presumably come from local bakeries?

(Sophie) #34

I never go to Starbucks so I have no idea. The thought of spending 6-8bucks for a single coffee always struck me as ludicrous when I make an excellent coffee in my french press at home and I don’t have to get dressed or leave my house for it. I’ve been low carb for many years before going Keto, so I’m in the habit of just cooking/making my own stuff anyway. It would be nice to be able to go to a shop and pick up a lovely keto dessert if I was having a party or company or something. I always figured that was a pipe dream though. Perhaps if more people wake up and start voting with their wallets it would happen. Producers respond to customers that take their money other places. Why don’t you go in that bakery and ask if they have anything sugar free/low carb? Maybe if they have 50 people a week do that then turn around and walk back out, they might think about other options. You never know!

(charlie3) #35

I’ve thought about it a little more. If I talked him into trying it would be a slow start because people just aren’t looking for truely healthy stuff in a traditional bakery. You have to leave your guilty conscience at the door to go into one of those places. I’m thinking people don’t want to be reminded that they shouldn’t be buying what they came for by healthy offerings in the display case.

I don’t buy anything in coffee shops any more but Starbucks is trendy. Is low carb trendy enough yet for them to sell a low carb desert?

(Laura Nelson) #36

I made up this cheesecake for a family gathering tonight and will let you know how it goes! Thank you for sharing!

Wonderful recipe, Sophie!

I made a version of this tonight, with a few adjustments.

I had some passion fruit juice/pulp from the freezer that I decided to use instead of lemon juice. I dissolved 1 Tablespoon of gelatin in 1/3 cup of microwave-hot water, then after that had cooled down a bit, I added 2/3 cup of thawed passion fruit pulp/juice (El Sembrador, in this case) and mixed it up well.

I used 1/2 cream cheese and 1/2 mascarpone cheese, instead of all cream cheese. Upped the vanilla to 1 Tablespoon. And I didn’t have any liquid sucralose, but I did have some powdered monk fruit (with maltodextrin-I know, I know!) that I want to use up. So after incorporating the 1/2 cup of Swerve, I just added monk fruit sweetener until I was happy with the amount of sweetness–didn’t measure out how much.

I’m thrilled with the result!

I was worried that it might not turn out acceptably because I don’t have a springform baking pan (just threw the one I had had out a month ago because it was rusty and I realized I hadn’t used it in probably 25 years, so it was just taking up space). I used a 9.5-inch Pyrex pie dish. It turned out just fine. Your pecan-butter crust is one of the best parts! Better than store-bought graham cracker crusts.

This version not as keto-friendly as the original, but for a rare treat, I can live with that.

(Sophie) #38

I’m so happy it worked out for you. I think the recipe is very forgiving. At Thanksgiving, I made one with pumpkin that turned out really good. I may play around with a chocolate one for Xmas…pecans, butter, chocolate, cream cheese…how can you go wrong with that!? :smile:

(Elaine Cassidy) #39

Hi Sophie… I am in Australia and i haven’t seen the “stix of butter” here, so what amount would that be you used please ? Also can i use Erythritol instead of the liquid sugar ? Looks delicious, can not wait to make one :wink: thanks :wink:

(Sophie) #40

Hi Elaine, the amount on the butter would be 4 tablespoons (melted) for the crust. I’ll edit the original recipe to reflect that instead of stick. And I use the powdered Erythritol (Swerve is the Brand name here). If you don’t have the sucralose drops they can easily be omitted. I only use it to balance out the cooling effect that you sometimes get with just the erythritol alone. Be sure to taste it for sweetness before putting it in your pan. Hope it works for you!