Soooo close:)

(Heather) #1

I started the keto WOE back on October 2nd, 2018. My starting weight was 194.4 (size 14 in pants). My current weight is 161.4. I am 5’10". While I am better at not being a slave to the scale, I still weigh myself, just to kind of see “where I am”. A couple of months ago, I ordered some capris, size 8. When they arrived, I didn’t bother trying them on, because I felt they would be too big, with my continued weightloss. I exchanged them for size 6’s. Those size 6’s were my “goal pants”. Today, I am wearing them! They are a bit snug, so I would like them to fit a bit more comfortably. My first instinct is to say, “I’d like to lose about 5 more lbs”, but I know the number on the scale is no where near a good representation of my actual body composition. So, I will say, “I would like these pants to fit a better.” I’ve actually been in the 160’s for the past 3 months or so, but my clothing size has continued to drop. I’m in a size SMALL for most shirts! I do kettlebell swings and super slow burn for exercises. This, along with keto has transformed my body in the most amazing ways! I have certainly had my share of pitfalls (stupid PMS hormones :slight_smile:), but this WOE makes me feel so good, inside and out, it’s easy to get back on the horse. I’ve been mostly a lurker on the forum, but reading it daily. I want to thank you all for your knowledge, encouragement to everyone, humor and friendliness. Someday, when I have the courage, I’ll post before and after pictures :smiley:.

(mole person) #2

Congratulations! That’s truly wonderful and a fantastic accomplishment.

I started with a pair of goal pants too. Having them fit loosely a couple of months ago when i tried them on again for the first time in a bunch of months absolutely made my day. It’s a truly wonderful way to measure your progress. It’s far superior to scale weight, which changes so much over the years due to changes in bone and muscle mass. With clothes you are genuinely comparing your size and fat mass to one where you felt good about yourself and healthy.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #3

Congrats on reaching your goal!