Sooo Not A Fan of Truvia

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #21

Yep. Any bit of stevia triggers me. No good.

(Brian) #22

Another option might be either monk fruit extract or a monk fruit / erythritol blend. (I’ve been wanting to try that myself.)

Erythritol doesn’t taste as sweet as sugar but it has bulk, which might matter when baking. It’s also relatively free from the “whangs” of weird flavors, at least for most people, and is pretty well tolerated by many, not all, but many. So to get the same or similar bulk to real sugar, it’s often blended with something much sweeter.

It’s good that we have such a wide variety of things we can look at. Options. If one doesn’t work or isn’t appealing, there are others to try.

Good luck! I do hope you find something that works well for you. This is one of those items that we all kinda have to find our own place in. Some will gravitate towards something specific while others will find that they feel best giving all of the sugars, real and artificial, up.

:slight_smile:

(Nathanael Schulte) #23

Crazy! I guess it makes sense. I think most of it is extracted from corn. Does she have a bad reaction to corn products in general?

(Thomi M) #24

She has mild allergies to regular household stuff, but not to any foods. The reaction really took us by surprise, actually.

(Ron) #25

My sweetener of choice but remember the Xylitol is toxic to dogs so keep it up on the shelf.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=lite+sweet&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=178363143985&hvpos=