Someone noticed!

I had to get some new pants. Things were getting close to a wardrobe malfunction. Anyway, I wore a new pair today. (They are cute NY & Co slim ankle pants in case you wondered.) Apparently those, along with no longer needing bulky cold-weather jackets and sweaters, was what it took to get my first “Oh my gosh, you look great! You’ve lost weight!”

Maybe others noticed and didn’t feel comfortable mentioning it. (Like, “Hey, you aren’t quite as rotund as you were.” Ha!)

It made my day to have someone “see” what I have seen happening. (OK, yes, my husband did too, but I mean out in the “world.”) It is a motivator for sure.

And yes, she did ask how I was doing it. She has been on WW for ages and is actually looking great herself, but I know my way is easier. :wink:

(John) #2

Wait until you run into someone who hasn’t seen you in a while and there is, for them, a drastic change between their last memory of you and the new you.

It can be amusing.

(Stephanie ) #3

That’s awesome!!! I have my 20 yr high school reunion in 2 weeks and I’m curious to see everyone’s reaction. I dont have social media like fb or Twitter anymore, its been a few years. So we shall see :grin:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

Congratulations, that’s great feedback! And congratulations for getting new pants too :blush:

(Marianne) #5

And the tragic thing to me is she probably is white knuckling it a lot of the time if she has been on WW for a while, as many of us know. If she gets discouraged and succumbs to cravings, her weight will probably come back in no time from bingeing, overeating, and just wanting to eat some decent food. I wish her well; I’m sure you got her thinking…

(Marianne) #6

Always fun to return triumphant!

(Jill F.) #7

Girl I know the feeling! I have gone from a verrrrryyy tight size 14 to a 4 since December and when I run into people I haven’t seen in a few months they do a triple take! My new knock name is skinny Minnie! I will take it! Congrats!!! There is more if this to come for you :slight_smile:

(Troy) #8

This is Golden Opportunity!
Digging this

Definitely start a Thread with all the comments and reactions PLEASE🙂
I would be in the same bootcamp as well. No Social Media— Love it too

And more importantly, have a great time!:smile:

Enjoy