Sola brand bread, granola, yogurt

(Kirsten) #1

Hey guys, I found some new low carb treats at HyVee here in MN that I’m curious about… this company Sola makes three flavors of bread, granola and greek yogurt all with tagatose as the main sweetener. They are subtracting the tagatose from the total carbs in the “net carbs” portion of the packaging. The bread is pretty damn tasty, but I’d never heard of tagatose before and internet research isn’t proving to be too helpful as to whether or not this is going to knock me out of ketosis.

Here’s a link:

Anybody else tried this stuff? Anybody tested their BG response to it?

I have tried their ice cream. It is absolutely THE best “keto friendly” ice cream. I love it…buuuuut they do use Maltitol which bothers some people’s stomachs (not mine) and, more worrying, is supposed to have a higher BG reaction than other sweeteners. So I limit my intake to once or twice per week.

I have no idea if the bread contains maltitol or not, but you should check. Let us know how it goes!

(Josh Close) #3

I just got some in the mail today. The bread is really good. The granola is amazing. I got some hamburger buns too that look great. The will be my go-to bread if it’s legit.