Softer Butter Company?

(Allie) #1

I found this in Morrisons and thought I’d try it as it’s only £1.65 a block - anyone tried it? I bought three blocks but still finishing up Countrylife at the moment…

(Alec) #2

Alternatively, buy a butter dish and leave on the counter? 500g of butter shouldn’t last longer than 3 days in a keto kitchen anyway! :rofl:
Cheers
Alec

(Allie) #3

I wasn’t thinking of it being softer, I just liked the price! :joy:

(Sarah Slancauskas) #4

Not tried this but I found a lovely unpasteurised salted butter in Sainsbury’s. It was £2 a block and is from Normandy. Grass fed. Absolutely lovely :blush:

That is a good price. Thanks for sharing :yum:

(bulkbiker) #6

I try to not pay more than £1.50 per block… bulk buy when special offers in of all places Waitrose…last haul was president slightly salted and unsalted at that price.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

I learned to do that from my ex, when I first moved to London to be with him. Much easier to spread if you leave it out! My ex and I were certainly not keto, but the year I spent with him in London, we would be getting a half-kilo of butter every few days. It would come to the door along with the milk and sit out there till we remembered to bring it in, which was startling at first, but of course the climate makes it feasible.

We continued leaving butter out once we moved to the U.S., though butter dishes in the U.S. come only in a puny quarter-pound size. It’s hardly worth taking the stick out of the wrapper, lol!