So very frustrated

(Carol) #22

Hi @Sharon6248, I hope I can offer up some encouragement. You already have great suggestions from everyone. I found Keto in August 2018 when I was 68 y/o. I’m 5’6" and started at 221lbs. I weigh only once a month on the 1st. As of yesterday, I’m down 73lbs. (I lost a total of 4lbs in the last two months.) I tracked food and macros the first month or so until I got the hang of it. I’m always aware of my carbs. I pretty much followed the above suggestions and I’ve never felt better.

Funny thing, the scale. I lost a good bit of water weight the first month. The second month of keto my clothes were really, really loose and I was easily down 1 size. I couldn’t wait to hop on that scale. Imagine my surprise when it registered a 2lb loss. I use the scale to make sure I’m trending downward and that I don’t need to tweak something and that’s all it’s good for imo. Take pictures and measurements!

Good luck to you and, if you stick with it, you won’t believe how great you’ll be feeling!

Just reading through all of these replies again because there’s such great info and encouragement! As of today I hit my first weight loss goal - my weight is finally under 200 pounds! I’d like to say that I won’t obsess about weight moving forward but I know I’m still very hung up on my weight. However- I feel so much better eating Keto, and it has gotten easier and those are victories that feel just as good as the weight loss!