So much energy, I started running again

I’m over 65 years old, and this near-carnivore way of eating really has me pumping out the ketones and burning fat. (I grow tomatoes, and I eat a ripe one twice a week; otherwise, carnivore.) From 4 a.m. when I wake up until 11 a.m., I’m full of intense energy. I keep adding exercise, and finally had to break into a run on my dawn walk last week. Otherwise, I just pace all morning, burning off this fuel. I did not push the exercise, I did not “should” myself. I don’t measure how fast I am or anything, just listen to my body, speed up when I feel I should, slow down when I feel I should.

I’m pretty amazed at these levels of energy. I’ve had to rearrange my life a bit, and I’ve done a whole lot of deep cleaning and rearranged every closet and shelf, just because I flippin’ need to do something physical! By noon, it wears off, for which I’m grateful, because it’s not entirely comfortable to feel that energetic, and I’m glad it passes in seven hours. I’m still measuring 1.8 mM BHB on a ketone meter in the afternoon. (I only measure twice a month out of curiosity, cuz at a dollar a pop for the strips, I’m not going to do it more often!). So still in fat burning mode even when that morning buzz finally leaves me.

90% good news. (10% bad. I run out of physical things to do and am frustrated at the excess of energy some mornings.) Never been like this on 20-25 g of carbs. But 3-8 g instead makes this difference. Most people my age drag all day long and nap. I feel 25 years younger.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

This was a common remark when I joined these forums five years ago. It’s a nice problem to have, especially when, as my Nana used to say, we “consider the alternative.” :+1:

(Rebecca ) #3

Great post! Thanks for sharing your experience…it definitely helps to encourage others!