So hungry

(Roger Morris) #42

Thanks for the info, but I’m totally good now. No more hunger as mentioned in earlier post.

(Victoria Olson) #43

Long known fact that alcohol increases activity in the part of our brain that regulates appetite. True story.

(Adrian ) #44

Stop doing IF on a Carnivore diet, especially in the first 6 months.
I get hungry on a 75% - 25% fat : protein ratio. If I increase my protein a by 5 - 10% (in energy), I feel way more satiated

way older thread but will comment on it since it is something newbies to the plan might easily face.

First of all no carbs from any animal source is ‘counted as a carb’ when doing zero carb/carnivore. Any and all carbs from animals just aren’t counted. Forget your egg carb LOL Only plant sourced carbs are counted ever and of course being carnivore there should ideally be none LOL

Second eat absolutely to your hunger level. Many are ravenous on this plan when starting cause their bodies are healing some and need the fat and protein. Many can eat 4,000 kcals or more easily and it helps them. Also never count kcals, just eat :slight_smile: Eat as much as you need, any time, all the time. Never be hungry ever. Your appetite will naturally decrease over time.

Your body is detoxifying from your other plan. It can ramp up your hunger, it can make one exhausted for a bit, it basically is an adaption into the carnivore way of eating. Your body has to adapt from Keto cause keto eating is not close to carnivore eating so you will need to go thru adaption a bit still.

So while this thread is a lot older, all I can say is eat eat eat and eat some more. It is the fuel of life on the carnivore plan :slight_smile:

nice to read on the thread the OPs hunger was controlled about 5 days into the plan and they were feeling wonderful…cool

(Elizabeth ) #46

So much yes to this response. when starting carnivore for the first 6 months at least you need to just eat with total abandon. Let your body luxuriate in all that glorious protein and fat that you’ve probably been denying it for years if not decades. Hormones need to rebalance metabolism needs to heal liver needs to produce ketones colon needs to reabsorb liquid so many processes in your body have to be re-educated to work properly. it takes time and it takes lots of meat.