Small steps

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1

This week I made it to 218lbs which is the lowest I have been in about 16 years. Down from 248 in June. Stomach/waist is the place I seem to lose last. Last night I bought two pairs of pants and a new belt. Went from 44inches to 40inches. Only 2 pairs since I’m just getting started losing belly fat. EF/IF seems to help a lot.

Keeping Calm and Ketoing Calm

Thanks all for the support that you provide.

(PSackmann) #2

Fabulous progress Eric!

(Scott) #3

Nice work!

(Frank) #4

It’s fun to get to places that we haven’t been to in many years.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #5

Good work! :ok_hand:

(Jessica) #6

That’s awesome!! I don’t know why, but with your presence on the forum, I always assume you have been at this for years and are at your goal weight!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #7

I started easy keto almost 4 years ago and reversed pre T2D and eliminated a ton of inflammation. Have not been sick since but the weight required strict keto. Got a way to go for maintenance but I am a patient person.

(Carl Keller) #8

Congrats Eric!

(MyLove MyLife) #9

Great, Fabulous!! Slow and steady win the target.

Are you seeing improvement in you FBG? Metabolic Syndrome seems to be one of the big barriers for reducing IR, and my rebellious gut won’t give it up yet.

@daddyoh you and I are similar in all phases, even age. And I too lose similarly all over my body first and yesterday I bought my first pair of 38 jeans since the ‘80s.

I’ve gone from 255.4 to 186.6 in exactly 10 months with Keto/fasting.

Let’s keep it up.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #12

FBG still seems to be in the 120 to 130 range. Dr will test in a week so we will see. But 1 hr post meal BG was 103 this week and 26 hour fast BG was 104. So meals are not causing a spike. I’m <20g / day almost every day. And I do go much over 20 when I do.

Blood Pressure is slowing coming down and I think that is an indication that insulin resistance is slowing decreasing.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #13

Yup. We just have to stay the course. Congrats on your progress. I went back and looked at my dr visit records and was 259lbs in Nov 2014. started keto light in June 2015 and lost 15-20 lbs right away but starting gaining back to 248 in spring of 2018. Hence strict keto since 6/17/18.

Fasting/IF of late has had the most demonstrable effect on weight and probably my blood pressure.

Agree let’s keep it up. :sunglasses::+1:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #14

So on Feb 8th, I went from size 44" pants to 40". Today, about 2.5 months later I just went to size 38" straight fit pants. :sweat_smile: :dancer:

I was 218lbs that day. Today I’m 205lbs this AM so 13 lbs in about 10 weeks. 1.3 lbs a week. Yea.

I’m doing a happy dance.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #15

Woo hoo! Congrats daddyoh!