Slow weight gain after 2 1/2 years?

(Lisa Lloyd) #1

I’ve been keto since early 2018. I hit my goal within 6 months and have been in maintenance since then. In the past few weeks, I’ve slowly gained 5-6 lbs. I track macros every day, I stay in ketosis (keto mojo blood monitor). Essentially nothing has changed including my food choices. Any advice??

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

The past couple of months have resulted in lots of stress eating for many people. Maybe track more closely to see if you are eating more than you think you are. I had started down that path and put on a couple of lbs. as soon as I recorded what I was really eating, I just took pics of everything I ate, I dropped right back down and am staying there. I am in maintenance and have been for over 3 yrs.

If you do it, a bit of fasting might just help too. Even OMAD fasting can result in a drop you down, just do that for a few days.

Good lucking sorting yourself out.

(Ken) #3

Depending on your size, five or six pounds could easily be glycogen, especially muscle glycogen as it recompensates first. Doubtful it was fat unless you started.eating carbs chronically. Cut out the carbs for a couple of days, avoid extra salt, and see what happens.

(Lisa Lloyd) #4

Thanks! I do track everything on Carb Manager - have been for 2 1/2 years. I also IF 16/8 at least 5 days a week. I may try longer!

(Lisa Lloyd) #5

Thanks! I haven’t had more than 10 carbs a day in over 2 1/2 years! I’m 5’3" and 128. I typically stay between 120 and 125 but these few lbs are creeping back on :frowning:

(Ken) #6

They could be many things, the least likely being fat. More likely things like a little muscle, increased bone density, minor increase in water retention etc. All fairly positive and healthy.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

Perhaps doublecheck your food intake for “carb creep.” Also, as already mentioned, stress can cause us to put on weight, and the good Lord knows there’s enough of that going around at the moment. If it’s not the former, it’s probably the latter, and if the latter, try not to worry about it.

#DONTSTRESSOUTABOUTBEINGSTRESSED :smile: