Six days into a seven day fast, aches

(Niamh) #1

It’s been along time since I’ve posted. My history is I never had a weight problem until kiddos ( not blaming that just giving a time reference). At 5’2 I got up to 174lbs. discovered Keto 2 1/2 years ago and lost a lot in a short time frame.
I started a seven day fast last saturday at 2200. I realize a fast means different things to different people, so I’ll describe my fast
Water/ unlimited
Black coffee- big drinker of it
NA, magnesium sips when I feel I need it
I do use tooth paste to brush my teeth

Day 5 sucked! I smelled taco trucks and grills in places that didn’t have either!- lol

Last night my body ached in bed so badly I cried , and I’ve delivered several babies with no drugs…

What hurt were my shoulders, but mainly in the buttocks area below my butt in the back UNDER the junk in the trunk where my butt meets my legs. I could not lie down. In the medicine cabinet I had possibly a 20 year old hydrocordone from I assume an old motorcycle accident my hubby was in. I was desperate!

What do you think this is? Maybe not even related to the fast.

I’m having success…
I started at 141.6 lbs
This am was 133
Wednesday’s numbers ( didn’t check last night)
Bs 82
Ketones 6,3
Gki .7

Would love advice on these huge pains…
Thank you in advance!
N

(Rebecca ) #2

Welcome back!
Honestly, I don’t believe I could ever Fast for that duration, nor do I think I would want to!
I don’t feel qualified to give advice other than it could be your body is saying “Ok, enough is enough! Nourish me!”
This is not a judgement of your choice, just my thoughts.
It sounds like you’ve done very well so far!

(Niamh) #3

I’ve been following Dr Jamnadas on YouTube and I think his videos inspired it. Just took some ibuprofen which has helped with pain sooo much !

(Allie) #4

OK, golden rule of fasting… if you feel bad, give it up and eat. That’s it.

(Allie) #5

Ibuprofen on an empty stomach… really not good at all.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

Yeah, acetominophen (Tylenol, Paracetamol) would be a better choice; less liver, kidney, and gastric damage.

***Disclaimer - I am in no way, shape, or form a fasting expert xD

My longest ever fast was 2 days. I felt great. Not sure I could make 6 days though.

My initial reaction on reading your post was simply “wow, that can’t be good”. Pain is the body’s way of telling you something is wrong, and if something is wrong then you should probably stop doing what you were doing when the pain started.

I’d also echo the above comments re. pain meds. Ibuprofen on an empty stomach is just dicing with the devil : (

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

Congrats on those results, just remember when you do eat again, you will probably gain back about half of those.

I have done longer fasts, and my main guideline for fasting is: : If you feel bad STOP! Eat something, have your feast day, and if so inclined start another fast after that.

Hope you are all sorted out by now and enjoy the over all experience.

Personally I find 4 days is my sweet spot for longer fasts, I also do lots of ADFasting or OMAD fasts to maintain my results.

(Niamh) #9

Thank you so much for sharing, I did it! And broke my fast with pho! I had no problems with the food intake and feared I would. After posting I researched some and found a patient who interviewed his fasting coach who had similiar aches. He was advised could be toxins being released.
Thanks to all who responded.
If I stopped everything once I had pain I’d have only one kid instead of 6- :joy:
Not certain I’d stop everything when pain sets in, but that that said this pain when lying down , only, was a huge discomfort and felt from the bone… not internal organs etc…I’d love to figure out its source!
Thanks to all!!!

(Bob M) #10

That is an interesting question. I’m not sure you’ll ever find the source, though.

(Niamh) #11

Totally agree! Years ago a friend sold me on homemade kombucha. I cradled my scoby and enjoyed the beverage! But my finger joints ached a tiny bit… when I told my friend she stopped kombucha on the spot saying she too had that sensation and never considered it from kombucha.
I researched it and found ONE item saying from toxins being released….
Could be… but I’ve yet to convinced that cute scoby really eats ALL of the sugar. I for the life of me can’t find enough info to convince me the drink isn’t loaded with sugar… I wish I could!