Site is slow and 99 other problems (but Eric's beard isn't one of them)

(Chris) #41

That’s my assumption, figured that’s why I’d put it in this thread rather than start another one.

Hopefully they will have it sorted here soon. Images are loading quite slow indeed, (almost like you’re on dial-up at times) They are also not presently being added as clickable links either.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #43

Photos still loading slowly for me, but I was able to click on one today.

I keep getting summary emails and I keep unsubscribing! How do I get them to stop??

(Cheryl Meyers) #45

I tried to turn off the daily email notification that y’all miss me when I am gone, even though I have been here pretty much daily in the past week… but to no avail. I still keep getting that email.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #46

That problem may have been solved. It was the result of the old server’s still being up and running after the changeover. I believe they have now finished checking the transfer and taken the old database off line. If the problem still persists, please let us know.

(Cheryl Meyers) #47

I have been getting the email notifications daily since you last posted.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #48

Thanks for letting us know. I am not one of the tech people, so I can’t say how much longer this problem is likely to persist, alas!

But if the trend continues like I’ve seen so far, as well as some others have mentioned. Most appear to be getting these notifications that were (back-logged) in their queue when the switchover took place. … Most seem to receive some here and there, then at some point will get all the rest at once. (Amounts will probably differ per user) but seems once this happens, you will then only receive new notifications.

So those who have gone into their settings and made sure they are set to not receive e-mails, should see this working properly, once the older ones have all filtered through. (Just my thoughts on it)