Site is slow and 99 other problems (but Eric's beard isn't one of them)

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1

The site is slow and when you click on a reply arrow the reply does not show.

I’m testing blur as well. Okay blur is not even a choice now.

(Carl Keller) #2

It’s slow for me too Eric. I can deal with slow much better than I can with it being down, like it was for most of yesterday. :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, I like your new avatar. You look like you are ready to jump on a Harley. :motorcycle:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3

Eric, I like it too! Very handsome facial hair!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

Who edited the title? Perfect!!

I’d only be guessing but I’m gonna say @juice :laughing:

(Running from stupidity) #6

She might be right :slight_smile:

This site’s like any Motorcycle, you got to let it warm up a little bit. :wink: I’m sure it will be purring soon.

(Allie) #8

Hopefully just a case of the features being reintroduced one by one… it’s slowly coming back to life.

(Omar) #9

I will still be here even if we have to communicate with tin cans

(Running from stupidity) #10

That string needs to be a lot tighter to work properly.

Also, who would want to talk to a ranga anyway?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #11

Thanks for mentioning problems when you notice them. We know about a lot of them already, but it never hurts to make sure.

• Callouts don’t work.
  • Notifications of new posts in watched topics don’t work.
  • Notifications of likes and new badges do work.
  • Some badges appear to have been reset (not critical, and we can deal with it later, if someone lost a badge they really care about)
  • You may see more spam, because the spam-flagging app has been disabled. If you see it, flag it. We still get flag notifications, so flagging is going to be the only way to make sure that we know about spam, for a while.
  • I don’t know about notifications of private messages, but I haven’t seen one in a while, so they may be broken, too.

This is all related to the recent move to a new server, and a software upgrade. Please be patient, while all these problems get sorted out. Trust me, it could be a lot worse!

(Doug) #12

:slightly_smiling_face: Ha! Good thought, my friend.

Defo broken.

I was about to give that comment a “like” and then…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #15

I’m going to have to keep you all guessing who the real Eric is. Maybe a new avatar is in the making today.

Thanks for noticing the beard. Funny thing is I had the same beard with the last avatar. The Tie picture. :laughing:

Since I was 17 I have not had a beard may be a year or less. It is who I am.

(Allie) #16

I had noticed it on the last one, but this pic emphasises it more Eric - I like it :blush:

Yeah, let’s not get that discussion started! … Someone, who I won’t name, doesn’t like me even speaking about shaving. :smile: Think I’ve cleaned shaved 3 or 4 times at best, in the nearly 36 years we’ve been together. And this of course, this grew right back in a very short while. … But lately, I’m even thinking she might also be wanting me to grow my hair back out as well? (Had long hair a lot over the years) - Every time I mention cutting it now, she gives me ‘your hair doesn’t need cutting, leave it be’.

Youngins. :rofl:

(Scott) #18

F this I am outa here.

Well damn, I am back. Forums are a lot like weight loss, progress doesn’t happen instantly and sometimes you stall.:grinning:

(less is more, more or less) #19

The blur is back, baby, along with a bevy of other delights. Hang in there, the webmeisters are spinning their gears as they need to restore these features.

(Running from stupidity) #20

Any word on the “what did you learn today” thread deletion fix?