Show me yer poppers!

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #1

I’ve been kinda addicted to these lately. Plus I’m growing my own jalapeños - so it’s always on my mind.

They’re great for breakfast. Well ok. They’re great any time. Here’s a batch I made last week:

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #2

This week I wanted to avoid the oven, as it’s finally simmer here in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, so i did something new. I cleaned a bunch of peppers, and put them cut side up in a fry pan with a dab of avocado oil. Cooked them covered on low for 5 minutes, then turned off the heat. When they were cool, i stored them covered in the fridge.

This morning I grabbed 10 bases, laid them in pan again cut side up, filled each with a mix of creme cheese, cheddar, smoked gouda, and black pepper, put pan on low, covered, and let them cook about 7 minutes. (Edit: preview might not show up so you have to click-y the link-y to see the video)

Instant-ish poppers!

(John) #3

I like this, I have only made them wrapped in bacon and they are a pain to make, not sure why I never thought to just do them in a pan.

(Mike W.) #4

“Jalapeño popper” deviled eggs.

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #5

Oh that’s fancy!

(KetoCowboy) #6

We’re growing jalapenos too, so I look forward to seeing this thread develop.

Our first “popper” innovation was to use jalapenos in place of corn chips for nachos:

(Allan Misner) #7

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a51572/jalapeno-cheese-crisps-recipe/

Not exactly a popper, but I’m going to be making these little guys for our party over the 4th of July weekend. That and some homemade guacamole and salsa.

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #8

Oh. This is kind of brilliant! !!